Chapter 11 - Let's start again

Nathalie woke up at the sound of the birds singing out of her window.

She sat up on the bed, her old bed, for a brief moment she thought she was in her bedroom at Gabriel's mansion but she soon realised it was just her old beloved farm.

The woman had returned home the night before, she was broken and exhausted.

Her parents didn't ask her anything and they simply had her to rest, Nathalie sighed knowing she owned them some explanations.

She had never realised how much she loved living at the mansion until she had to leave it.

Nathalie got up, got dressed and reached her parents downstairs.

"Good morning dear" her mother smiled.

"Good morning" Nathalie answered.

"Did you sleep well?" her father asked.

"Yes, thank you"

Her parents stared at her as they were waiting for some explanations. 

Nathalie rolled her eyes.

"What is it?" she grunted.

"You should tell us, we literally found you at our door crying your eyes out" her father said frowning.

Nathalie sighed sitting at the table.

"All right, I have lost my job at the Agreste's mansion"

"That was kinda obvious but why? What happened?" her mother asked sitting next to her.

"I ran away, I have committed an horrible mistake" Nathalie was about to burst into tears.

Her parents came closer to her.

"Would you like to talk about it?" her father said softly.

Nathalie shook her head, it would have only made her suffer more.

Her parents respected her decision and remained silent.

"All right but if you need to talk we are here for you"

Nathalie nodded as she watched her parents preparing for their morning duties.

She would have followed them later but for now she just wanted to stay there thinking about all the things she could have had and she had lost.

Her thoughts were all on Gabriel and Adrien, the two Agreste could have been her family, she loved the man with all her heart and she felt like a mother for the boy.

She was kinda embarrassed for literally confessing her feelings to Gabriel on a piece of paper but it wasn't really important now.

She smiled drying some little tears from her eyes and was about to get up to reach her parents to work when she heard a knock on her door.

Nathalie got up and opened the door.

The woman almost fainted as Gabriel and Adrien themselves were standing in front of her.