• 26 •

"If I were disapperead,

Would you come find me?"

~~~~~

The drive to that psycho girl hometown took almost two hours with the speed 75 kilometers per hour. The sun already set, and the moon replaced the sun at the sky now.

Yeonjun couldn't stop thinking about how he could find his Soobin now. He didn't know where she probably brought him, the town wasn't a small one, even if it was small there wouldn't be easy to find their exact place.

Seokjin stayed quiet, focused on his drive with his eyes on the road in front of them. They didn't know where should they go exactly, so they decided to go to the downtown first.

The older one who drove parked the car at some of coffee shop in the downtown, the other just kept silent with blank face. The driver stretched up his stiff body from two hours long driving.

"Let's get something first. I need some caffeine," Seokjin put off the seatbelt, and got a nod from the younger beside him, silently walked out from the car.

Ah, a coffee shop. Just remind me of Soobin. Hope he fine now.

They brought their feet to the door of the coffee shop, just to be met by the typical sweet aroma from a coffee. This place was nice, just like every coffee shop with a wood table and chair, and some of barista behind the cashier table to the kitchen.

But something, or someone to be exact, caught the younger's eyes. He looked at one barista that stood on the other side behind the cashier table, near to the kitchen. Yeonjun felt he saw that face once, but where...

and something immediately came to his mind, with wide eyes, it was Soobin's childhood friend that he told him back then, it was Beomgyu!

•\\

"You said you met your childhood friend in that town, who's that?"

They still cuddled on the bed after the younger's cry session.

"Beomgyu, Yes, he's one of my childhood friend. We used to live at the same neighborhood when I was still in elementary school. He's a year younger than me, but he's nice. You know, the typical kid who liked to protect his friend, he was always fight for me if I got bullied back then, and he was so popular, he's kind of good looking too, but I will never admit that to him."

Soobin's rambling and chuckles made Yeonjun smiled, but pouted at the next second because of some words the younger said.

"Hm, good looking, really? Who's more good looking, me or him? Why do he have to protect you so much? Does he like you?"

The burst of laugh came out from the younger's lips, still in Yeonjun's arms, "no, hyung. He doesn't like me, we don't feel like that to each other, I swear," he took his phone from the nightstand behind him, that placed beside Yeonjun's.

"Look, this is him. This is the last photo I took with him, we rarely took a selca together, tho. This is the last time we work at the coffee shop together."

That friend of Soobin, that called Beomgyu, indeed was a handsome one, looked sweet and Yeonjun could tell that he was kind of loud guy. His hair was black, with brown apron for barista, same with what Soobin wore in that selca with him.

"Yeah, he's kinda good looking, but I'm more good looking than him, tho."

Soobin couldn't help but laugh harder this time by the competitiveness the older showed because he said his friend was good looking. Is the older jealous?

"Don't worry, hyung. You're the most handsome and good looking for me."

\\•

Yes, it was him! Yeonjun was sure now. Without waiting any second, he walked closer to the barista that looked familiar, leaving his hyung behind who gave a confused look to him.

The barista felt like someone was looking at him, going near to his place, then he looked up, just to meet by the guy with a cap and mask covering his face.

"Do you need something? You can order-"

"Are you Beomgyu?"

The barista stayed still, surprised for a second, "you can see my nametag, sir. And yes, I am Choi Beomgyu. Is that something you need from me?"

Yeonjun put down his mask, "do you perhaps...know me? You're Soobin's friend, right?"

The guys that admitted as Beomgyu, the childhood friend of Soobin, made his eyes round as he was shocked, "are you...that Daniel Choi? Soobin hyung's ex?" he asked above whisper, kept it heard by just the two of them.

"Oh, so Soobin told you about that?" Yeonjun smiled at the barista, he put his right hand up for a handshake, that immeadiately Beomgyu took.

"Yes, oh my God! So that's real? Did Soobin hyung and you met already? Oh, of course you two did, silly me. How could you know me if Soobin hyung didn't tell you."

As expected, this guy was a loud one. But that wasn't his reason approaching him, and he had something to ask to him.

"Yeah, we kind of make everything up again. But, that isn't what my reason approaching you. I wanna ask you something actually, do you...know about Soobin's life here, like...his reason to ran away from this town?"

Actually, Yeonjun knew that Soobin told him already about that, the younger told him about that back then. He just wanted to make sure before anything he wanted to ask.

Beomgyu's expression and sighed were a sign that he knew everything, "yes, I was the one who gave him an offer to work here, do you know that he worked here before? and why you asked me about that- wait- is she back?"

With a big wave of hesitation on his nerve, he nodded, agreeing the barista, and it made his eyes grew wider than before.

"Where's Soobin hyung now? Is he-"

"Actually and unfortunately, she took Soobin with him."

If Beomgyu's eyes could grew wider than it was, he swore it would be happened now. Yeonjun's expression looked terrible. Sad, guilt, anger, disappoinment, exhausted, but with eagerness, it was all there so evident.

"How could- oh my God! Since when? Oh my God, I swear she could do anything to Soobin hyung by now, let me tell someone fir-"

"Wait- who will you tell about this? It will make this worse!" Yeonjun half shouted to the barista that looked panicked, gripped his wrist to hold him on his place. But his words next was shocking Yeonjun as well.

"There's someone that might can help us."

----------

Can y'all guess who is that certain 'someone' which can help them?

This getting more and more serious...that means the end was near .

Aaanndd shameless promotion!! I had publish my new book!! 'The Grim Reaper' is about how Soobin met the grim reaper, Yeonjun, and their journey through the 'limitation of time'. I already posted the prologue, and that book will have a longer chapter than this one. I'll be glad if you could check that out 🥺❤️

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting (and checking my new book if you did hehe), stay healthy stay safe and ily 💖💖💖