CHAPTER 39 : SAME QUESTION

"You did well."

"Yes Master."

"Getting KS out of the way was the best option."

"Thank you Master."

"What is the status of Rudrachandran?"

"I have sent Yusuf after him."

"It is heard that Rudrachandran escaped from police's grasp. As long as he lives, it is dangerous to us. It would be better if it look like a suicide. Let him confess by his death that he killed Ouseph and plotted against Thomas and KS."

"Yes Master."

His voice was full of authority and demanded respect. Neither the Leader could out spoke him.

"I have a gun pointed at Yusuf. Let me know when the job is done. With Thomas gone, Yusuf is a liability. He knows more than enough."

"I know Master. Yusuf will inform me from time to time. I will make sure of that."

"Find out who started the wildfire. I want to know who killed Ouseph."

The call was disconnected and the Leader sighed.

*-*

Inside the party office at Aluva, SRK was alone. After the protests and the Commisionerate march he came back around three in the morning. He slept for a little while. He was troubled to hear that Thomas Panampilly was also murdered. It is heard that police arrested Rudrachandran but they don't know where he is. Cochin Commissioner Office denied any arrests of Rudra when the youth wing of the party gathered with full strength. Four delegates including him and Iqbal were allowed to check the cells. They assured no arrest has been done or registered in Cochin.

Where is Rudra? He didn't know. He may have been transferred into one of the dark jails for third degree questioning.

Shivadha knocked the door multiple times until she got a response.

SRK woke up and called out. "Who is that?"

"It's me, Shivadha, new city police Commissioner of Cochin." She replied.

"What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you. It is important."

After a few seconds SRK opened the door. He saw a young woman in her twenties standing at the door. From the news he had seen her face. He recognized Shivadha.

"Come in." He let her in. He was wearing a white dhoti and a vest. His shirt lay on a chair nearby. "Have a seat."

Shivadha sat on one of the chairs. She inspected the old man. He was sleepy. She knew she has disturbed his sleep.

"May I know who I am speaking to?" She asked politely.

"Shivaramakrishnan. Everyone here calls me SRK."

She recognized the name. This man was once her uncle's close friend. She has seen him in the pictures with Vishwanathan. Now she recognized the person.

"Hope you know me."

"Yes, you are Vishwanathan's niece. You have grown up. You used to wet my shirt whenever I took you in my hands." SRK laughed. Shivadha joined him.

"Why are you here?" SRK looked at her. He took out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. "Do you mind if I may?" He showed the packet to Shivadha while he yawned.

"No."

As she watched he took out a cigarette and lighted it. She watched him blew the smoke into the air.