chapter fourteen

Goodbye feelings.

Ava's POV

Two weeks passed since Riley left and I didn't realize how much I needed him until he vanished, it was almost like he never existed yet I seen him everywhere I looked, I never knew that I would ever love someone the way I loved him and I remembered the way he acted to hearing about me being pregnant with our child everyday until I miscarried, I acted out of fear when he proposed to me and I didn't want him to hang onto a love that I didn't feel was there anymore because he deserved to marry someone who could give him the one thing I couldn't give which was a family.

After hearing the news of having a miscarriage. I also learned that I couldn't have kids because I was infertile so I did what I felt was the right thing for me which was having my tubes tied. I couldn't bear the heartbreak of miscarrying another child and it broke my heart when Riley decided to leave me and move on with his life.

Life seemed like it moved slower since he left and I didn't feel the need to do much after that but I had a few friends who got my mind off of the heartbreak I was feeling along with the blind dates they set me up with, some of them were great but I didn't want for then to hang on to something that I would never feel for them. I would eventually move on and start dating again but I didn't want to be an emotional wreck over someone who had clearly moved on with his life.