Chapter 3

Third Person POV

Janus was forcing himself to stay awake as he worked.

He hadn't eaten, slept and ran on nothing but coffee for the past week now coming up on 2.

He shifted to Logan to focus, then to Virgil to calm down, then to Patton as he felt like crying, then to Remus as a thought came and finally to Roman for feeling like an insecure failure. He became himself again before the order changed.

This happened for so long. He would subconsciously shape shift into different sides based of his thoughts and feelings.

This was hell for the snake and taking what little energy he had left.

———————————-

"Now Roman we need all opinions on this one. No comments." Thomas scolded his creative side.

Roman sighed and nodded as Thomas summoned Janus.

Everyone gasped.

Janus was pale and thin. Well that's what they could tell when Janus became himself for a millisecond.

Janus was shapeshifting quickly. In between each side change was static around him. Like and old box TV that wasn't connecting to the signals.

Every side showed up for about 6 seconds each. Static for 2 and Janus himself for 1.

Janus looked at all the others in a panic. "H-H-Help me please...." He begged before passing out due to lack of..... well really everything. His voice was basically nothing when he spoke, and manner of speaking as he shifted.

It sent shivered down everyone's spines.

Patton caught Janus and held him bridle style. Patton paled at how light he was.

Patton put his hand on Janus' chest. "I can feel his ribs." He mumbled softly in horror.

Remus hopped out from behind the TV. He took Janus' wrist. "His hands and wrists are tense. He's been typing for so long with no break." Remus mumbled.

Roman reached over and checked Janus' pulse. "His heartbeat is almost nothing." He told the others.

Logan turned to Thomas. "We can continue this later." He said before he, the twins, Janus and Patton sunk out.

Virgil and Thomas made eye contact. "Will you keep me updated?" He asked worried. Virgil nodded and sunk out.

Thomas was left in his living room, alone. "What happened to Janus?" He mumbled.