Chapter 30

-Year Later-

Irra tackled Spider Virgil. "WHY?!" He asked. Logan chuckled.

Irra poked Virgil's spider legs. "Okay so you're what? 3 today?" He asked as he stood up. Irra nodded and hugged Virgil's spider leg.

Virgil chuckled. "Fine. I know you're not letting go." He gave in. Logan continued taking notes on Virgil's spider form.

Janus hissed from the living room as he fell off the couch. "ROMAN! THAT WAS A NEAR MISS JACKASS!" He yelled as he stood up.

"Oops- sorry Ja-" Roman said before being hit with a pillow. "That's for hurting my mom." Remus chuckled. "Hey! I didn't hit him and it was an accident." Roman said as he picked up a pillow and chucked it at Remus.

Remus got hit. He gasped and fell over. "Man down!" He cried dramatically.

Roman snickered and helped him up. "Shut up stupid."

The twins chuckled and started a pillow fight.

Everything was fine in the mind palace. Thomas was doing well in the real world. He even managed to meet Irra along with the rest of the fandom.

It was all great.

Until Patton rose up and it was like a switch flipped in everyone's mood.

Irra was hiding behind Logan's leg after he had to be taken off of Virgil's leg. He was gripping onto Logan.

Virgil was in defensive mode, ready to rip Patton apart.

Logan and Janus were standing tall with a blank expression.

Remus and Roman both had weapons out ready to attack. Those weapons are pillows but we will gloss over that.

Patton took in a breath. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did, all of it. I was blind to the harm I caused. I was blinded by my own, now that I look back, rather silly goals. I hurt you all and didn't think about how I could damage you. But I want to make this right! You don't have to accept me right away and I understand that, it will take time. I am willing to start over if you are. Because I truly do regret it all." Patton apologized.

Everyone looked at Janus. Janus sighed and nodded. He looked at Patton and gave a small smile. "He's telling the truth." Janus told them.

Irra wandered over to Patton and looked at him. Just with that implacable child stare. Still weird, so many years later. That blank child stare still scares him.

"Pa?" He called as he made grabby hands. Patton picked Irra up. "Hopefully." Patton smiled. Irra laid on Patton's chest and nuzzled him.

Roman gave a soft smile. "I'm willing to start over." He said.

"So am I but I'll be keeping a watch on your every move." Virgil told him.

Logan nodded. "It would be beneficial to try again. For Thomas' mental health and my own."

Janus huffed. "No funny shit. Or I'm throwing you to the Wendigo or Damien. Who ever rips you limb from limb first." He hissed.

Remus sighed. "As long as you stop traumatizing us, I'll try too."

Patton smiled widely. "I promise. I will do whatever I can to fix this mess."