Chapter 2 ~ Reunion

"Miss, the flight has ended, do you need someone to take your bags," asked the flight attendant as I began to wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

"Uh yes please," I respond, too tired to notice myself walking out of the jet, straight to the car.

"How was th-" began to ask Happy when he got cut off by yours truly.

"Shut it Happy, you know me and jet lag don't agree ever," I say nursing my head. "Where's the melatonin"

"Side door," he says keeping his eyes on the road.

I mumble a reply before taking some, making myself drink water and then begin to nap in the back of the car.

*****

I wake up as the car gets closer and closer to Stark tower.

Home.

Suddenly I start to freak out realising that I haven't seen my dad in nearly a year, much less my best friend who I haven't even called in 6 months.

Glancing outside the window I recognise the blonde hair sitting on her familiar denim backpack.

"Stop the car" I mutter, and seeing that Happy either couldn't hear me or was ignoring me and I repeat it, yelling it out this time.

Quickly the brakes go on, Happy looking around the back of the car wondering what was so urgent that I had to yell at him to stop.

I smile my devil grin, grab my bag along with a handful of skittles, mock saluting him with my other hand and jump out the car and begin to sprint to her.

She barely has time to react before I suffocate her with my hug, not letting go, for a decent minute or two. First, she's shocked then she begins to smile so much I thought her cheeks might break and we just stay like that for a bit.

"What, uh how?" She stutters finally giving a response, not seeming to be able to give a response.

"Let me say this in advance, don't piss your parents off enough that they even consider sending you to boarding school," I say glad to be with her at this moment.

"Your pranks and jokes are enough for both of us" she jokes back.

Suddenly there's a loud beep coming from a car and as we both look over I can see Happy holding down on it, waving me over trying to get me in the car.

I look over at Caitlin, and we both have that same glint in our eyes as we pull each other along, with no idea where we were going but just being glad we were with each other.

Cut to it being half an hour later, our arms filled to the brim with clothes, candy and inexplicable amounts of books, causing us to stagger down the street.

We walk into the elevator, making sure to touch the buttons with our feet so we wouldn't drop anything.

"So what're the top 5 pranks of French boarding school," Caitlin asks as she chews on a piece of red liquorice.

"Now where to begin," I say before going in detail about every single one as we begin to climb up the elevator, not noticing when it was near the top.

"So that's why the ballerina slip n slide was number 1" I finish off as the doors slide open. Revealing some people talking in the living room, oblivious to me and Caitlin.

We go in my room dumping everything on my bed, it being evident that I would need a new bookshelf to accommodate more books.

We walk out there and into the kitchen and pour ourselves some water, just waiting for them to notice us.