The Stable Boy

For PuckD77

Centuries later, she could still recall the day as if it had occurred only the day before.

Isabeau woke up with the feeling of the sun crawling over her body.

She would never take the sun for granted again.

The giggles of her son and his nursemaid were a sure sign that the day was off to a good start, and so she rolled gleefully out of bed.

It was good to be silly sometimes.

She listened to their muffled voices having a conversation about what his day was going to be like. It made her happy to know that Marie loved her son almost as much as she did.

"Edwin! Come here darling." She called for her son to join her on the floor.

"Your grace-" Marie went wide eyed at the princess laying on the floor.
"I'll get help!"

"Marie don't stress yourself, I didn't fall out of bed. I rolled out fashionably."

The two shared a look before giggling as Edwin embraced his mother.

"Good morrow sweet boy." She cooed before starting to tickle him everywhere.
"Are you ready for your first riding lesson?"

"Yes Maman." He replied in his baby-like voice.

It was going to be a good day, indeed.

After she made sure that Edwin was wearing his best clothes, Isabeau set out to to make herself as presentable as possible. Well, maybe a bit more pretty than just presentable.

She couldn't stop thinking about those hazel eyes and how they had glowed in the light of the setting sun.

Perhaps she would be able to garner his attention by way of her looks. As a Frankish woman, she knew that she was beautiful. She hoped it would be as easy as she thought it would be.

"You look pretty, your grace." Her eyes met with the nursemaid's in the tall mirror.

"Thank you." She smiled as she smoothed down the front of her velvet dress. It was one that her cousin had gifted her many years ago. It clung a little tighter onto her curves, now. But it was no less beautiful.

Perhaps it was something in the air, but Lucien had no troubles getting out of bed early that day.

He felt cheerful for the first time in years.

Lucien couldn't wait to see the princess today. It was a true miracle, for he would have her alone for a few hours. No interruptions. He looked upon the opportunity like a blessing.

He didn't care about the reason he was getting to spend time with her, it was just important that he did. He'd have a few hours of peace. Away from the De Martells and the Mikaelsons.

His feet led him out towards the stables where he watched the sunrise stretch across the green fields with lazy limbs. It felt good to feel it on his face. He didn't get out enough anymore.

Lucien closed his eyes for a while, taking in the sounds of of the morrow. The horses were starting to stir and the birds were busy making nests in the trees. Sounds of their wings fluttering brought a lazy smile to his face.

He took out one of the apples he had nicked from the kitchens and took a bit before heading inside the stable.

Sweet whispers filled his favorite mare's ears with the promise of an apple.