Chapter 6: Rudenk

About a day earlier

My day was going well, everything was going fine, all the Beserker's were happy. Well as happy as Beserkers can be. The only thing that still wasn't going my way was getting married to Zephyr which by how she looked at it could happen anywhere from next week to twenty years from now. A lot has changed in the last 20 years, the dragons have come back, I became chief, my baby sister was recently just born which shocked me because I've lived 24 years as a single child but I am happy that I have a baby sister that I will get to watch grow up. Today I was strolling around the village helping out people when I thought of something that I hadn't checked on in a while even though it probably hadn't changed. 

"Dart!" I shouted to my Night Light

My mischievous dragon roared and came to my side. I jumped on her and directed her to the cave systems on our island. I flew to where Trader Johann had been frozen. I personally never saw him or knew him but my dad told me of how evil he was and that he deserved what was given to him. I was going around the last corner in the cave complex and nearly fainted because where he usually was there was now ice chunks all over the floor and just a base of ice where he had been. 

After recovering from finding that, I immediately flew to the village and summoned the entire village and told them Traitor Johann was on the loose and that he was dangerous and also to report to me if they found him. I flew off to Berk to warn Zephyr, her parents and her parents friends since they are who Johann would be trying to get revenge on.

"Come on Dart, let's get going." I said to my dragon

We flew as fast as we could all the way to Berk. Under different circumstances I would have been pleases with how fast I flew to Berk but not at this point. I ran quickly to the Great Hall since that's the first place I would assume Zephyr would be. 

"Rudenk what are you doing here?" Zephyr asked me.

"I flew as fast as I could from Beserker Island to tell you that Johann has escaped and that he has not been found yet. Is Berk well defended at the moment?" I asked.

"Not really, my parents and their friends went in search of an old ally who was thought dead named Viggo Grimborn." she replied.

"Well we need to get there and tell them about it because, if this Viggo Grimborn is from their past he was probably involved in my parents past which means they are probably there too." I said.

"Ok, but let me tell my grandma first so that she will know where I am and that she is in charge until we are back." she replied.

"Ok, I'll be waiting by the docks." I replied.

I flew to the docks and waited about five minutes when she got there along with her dragon Pouncer. 

"Ok, my parents said they were heading for a place called the Northern Markets but they headed South so that is our best guess of where to start." Zephyr said.

"Actually, my parents showed me where that is and to avoid it" I said.

"Lead the way then." she said.

So we flew all the way to the Northern Markets which took about an hour at most.

"Where are they?" Zephyr asked.

"I don't know, but since they aren't there I guess Dart could test out a new skill that I noticed her using which is tracking specific scents. She's not as good as a Deadly Nadder but she comes pretty close."

"Sure go ahead, it's the only way we could actually find them." Zephyr said.

So I had Dart sniff around and she picked up on a scent that was apparently stronger than the other scents. She called me over when she found the scent.