Kill Or Be Killed

Caroline: "Are you off today?" she comes into the room where Liz and Aspen are setting boxes down next to a cooler

Liz: "The historical society volunteer picnic is today."

Aspen: "You're the one who signed us up, remember." she sighs

Caroline: "I know. I just assumed you'd bail."

Liz: "Nope. I'm gonna spend the whole day with my daughters."

Caroline: "You're gonna pretend to be a mother?"

Liz: "I'll bring my gun if it gets rough" she jokes and sighs at the look on Caroline's face "Come on, give me one day. I've been buried in work mode, I've barely seen you guys."

Caroline: "Well be warned. I'm in a mood."

Aspen: "Oh goody."

Liz: "What was Elena doing here so late last night?" she calls out just as Caroline walks out the room

Caroline: "Elena wasn't-" she quickly cuts herself off and Aspen and Liz give her confused looks "Yes um, Elena was here. Uh, she just needed to talk. Her and Stefan are going through a rough patch."

Liz: "Is everything okay with you?"

Caroline: "I'm fine."

Liz: "It's just lately you seem different."

Caroline: "I'm not different. I'm fine."

Liz: "I know you think I don't notice these things but I do. What's going on with you?"

Caroline: "You know there's pretending to be a mother and there's reality. Let's not push our luck, okay?" she gives her a fake smile and heads out the room, making Liz sigh

🔘

Caroline: "So suddenly, she's on the running for mother of the year. Just when I'm trying to avoid her the most" she scoffs and looks over at Elena "I'm babbling. You don't want to hear all this."

Elena: "Oh uh, no, sorry. Then what happened?"

Caroline: "Well, I was a bitch. Which is par for the course with us." she sighs

Aspen: "So, how are things between you and Stefan? Anything?"

Elena: "No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind."

Caroline: "You said that Katherine's dangerous. Maybe he's got a point." she gives her a soft look

Elena: "Yeah, I know that she's dangerous and I know that he's just trying to protect me but it feels like giving up and I-I just..."

Apsen: "Just what?"

Elena: "I just thought we were stronger than that."
-
Aspen: "Oh, oh" she says after she notices how Stefan and Elena keep glancing at each other "Lurking looks are being exchanged."