Chapter 5

I opened my bedroom door to find Luke sitting on my desk chair. "Jesus Christ Luke, You took the life out of me!" I yelled. "Where were you tonight?" He asked. "The library now get out" I snapped. "So it wasn't you I saw with Sam Cooper in the burger king parking lot". "Nope bye bye now" I started to shove him towards the door. "I'm watching you" He shouted as I closed the door on his face. I sat down on my desk chair and text Alex. 

Me:Hey I'm home if you want to come over xx

Alex:On my way xx

5 Minutes later Alex arrived in my room, she climbed the ladder to my bed and sat on it. "So how was you're 'study' date" Alex asked me. "It was a real date, and we were about to kiss but we got caught by my brother" I beamed. Alex let out a loud laugh. "What did your brother say?" She chuckled. "He said he's watching me" I laughed. "nice, oh before I forget the reason I wanted to talk is there's a party on tomorrow night at Stacie Goodwin's house, and I was wondering if you wanted to go. Everyone in our Grade is invited It's gonna be pretty good, You in?" She smiled down at me. "Definitely, but I don't have a dress" I sighed. "That's why were going shopping tomorrow with Carly, Pick you up at 12" Alex climbed off my bed and headed towards the door. "See you tomorrow" I called. 

Later that night while I was watching a movie, Dee strolled into my room with a bowl of popcorn. "Hey what are you watching?" She asked. "A movie" I replied. "Which one"."Grown ups" I told her. "Oh I love that movie" She climbed onto my bed and sat down next to me. 

After a little while I spoke. "Dee can I ask you something?". "Sure Hun what is it?" She smiled. "Brian  broke up with me last night and I was on a date tonight, Am I a..a bad person"I looked down at my hands. Dee hugged me tight. "No of course not, He broke up with you and you moved on, your only human. Who was this boy you were on a date with" She jeered poking my side. "His name is Sam Cooper, we have to do an Art project together and our study date turned into a real date" I explained. "Is he cute?". I laughed. "Cute isn't the word, he's godlike". "When do I get to meet him?" She asked. "someday maybe"I giggled. "What about you any guys?" I asked. "there's a few I'm juggling around, One of them Jake Goodwin, is having a party tomorrow night so you know maybe him" She laughed. "Oh I got invited to that by his sister Stacie" I beamed. "What are you wearing?" She asked. "Dunno I'm going shopping with Alex and Carly tomorrow for a dress" I told her. Dee began to ramble on about her dress. We talked that whole night, and she fell asleep in my room.

The next day Alex, Carly and I went dress shopping, Somehow I couldn't see Carly in a dress. "I tried on a lot of dresses but I ended up getting the one that was red,short, tight fitted and one shoulder, If I do say so myself I looked pretty hot in it. Alex picked a a boob tube dress, That was Hot pink and had a skirt that was made of black feathery material and Carly picked A baby blue dress that was short in the front and long at the back.

"I think we did well" Alex beamed when we sat in a booth at MC Donald's. "I can't believe you made me buy a dress" Carly moaned. "You look hot in it" Alex snapped. I nodded in agreement. The dress made her look elegant but slutty at the same time, which is what everyone looks for in a dress. "So are you bringing Sam to the party with you?" Carly asked me. "How do you know about that?" I asked her. Alex hid her face behind he jacket. I rolled my eyes and turned back to talk to Carly. "I dunno I didn't ask him". Just then my phone rang, it was Sam. "Hey Rachel I was wondering are you going to Stacie Goodwin's party tonight?". "Yup I'm going". "Cool I'll see you there then". "See you there" I hung up the phone and a huge smile spread across my face. "That was Sam, saying that he'll see me at the party tonight" I beamed. "Oh my god that's awesome" Carly screeched. This was the girliest I'd ever seen her. Alex looked really concerned, It seemed like every time I mentioned his name she started acting weird maybe they used to date, and she wasn't telling me. "So we should head back home and get ready" Alex finally said.