Chapter 1

When ever I was little I used to say that I would never get hurt by a boy, I used to say I'd never get caught up in high school drama, that I would never get so involved with one person, let alone a guy... That is until I met him, Austin Tignor

Austin wasn't the quarterback of the football team or the popular jerk all of the girls wanted, and most had, got some of. He was just Connor Austin Tignor; a brown haired brown eyed boy who was 5 foot 6 who played baseball and was in the marching band.

Then there was me, Aubree Nicole. The nerd who was plain with blond hair and brown eyes, was 5 foot 3,was in marching band and wanted to play softball but was just to lazy for it. The girl who never got the guy, the one whose last boy friend used her, the one who was madly in love with her one guy best friend... I didn't start out liking him, for 2 years we were just friends. But then came the night that changed everything...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We always went bowling at the local bowling alley on Friday night with me and Austins friends: Dillon, Blade, Mikael, and Sandie. Me and Austin always felt awkward because Dillon and Sandie were a couple and so were Blade and Mikaela. But all night it had been normal we had laughed, made some more jokes only we would understand, and we had made fun of people failing at bowling.Well after everyone else had left it was just me and Austin waiting on our parents to come pick us up. We were just sitting out side joking around playing Ninja, when all of a sudden I just about fell and Austin caught me in his arms and a warm sensation swept over me, my heart beat picked up, my hands got sweaty, and all I could stutter out was, "T-t-thanks Austin" he just look straight in to my eyes and said "Your welcome.".

We just stood there, his arms wrapped around me I don't know why but I felt safe with his arm around me. Like nothing in the world could harm me. After what felt like a eternity he took a step back releasing his warm grip around me. I felt a shiver run down my spine when he moved a piece of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. He started to say something that sounded "I really..." my half drunk parents pulled up honking the horn and hollering random crap I cursed them under my breath as I jumped in to the back of our (soon to be mine) Cobalt Blue Ford F-150 extended cab.

All the way home I racked my brain to try to think of what Austin was gonna say. I know there's no way in hell it was "I really like you", the best I could think of was that he was gonna say "I really think you have balance issues.". I tried for hours to convince myself that was what he was gonna say but I just couldn't. When I finally looked over at my night stand clock to see how long I had be thinking this over it read 4:13. I mentally slapped my self because I thought I had school tomorrow but then I realized it's Saturday. I was just about to fall asleep when I realized that tomorrow was the band yard sale and me and Austin had both signed up for it.