Sinister Faces in the Dark

#WelcomeToTheBlumhouse

Jonah was in his room at Alpha Frat House, nearly finished typing his thirty page essay when the lights went out. "What is going on?!" He growled as he quickly saved his work. He thought about finishing in the dark, but 'No,' he thought 'I'll need to be able to read the reference books." Seeing no way around it, Jonah grabbed a flashlight from his top desk drawer and went in search of the fuse box. He was startled when he ran into a solid body in the hall, but when he shined the light into the person's face, saw it was Dan. "Dude, you scared me." Jonah said. "Where is the fuse box?"

"Man, do I look like an electrician?"

"Great." Jonah sighed in disgust. "C'mon, help me find it. Let's check the kitchen."

In the kitchen they found another frat brother, Kevin, already examining the breaker box with a flashlight.

"Look at this crap," Kevin shouted, "I mean, what the... it's melted."

"What do you mean, melted?" Jonah asked.

Kevin raised his eyebrows and gestured toward the switches, jiggling one to show them that it wouldn't move. "The plastic switches are melted," He shined his flashlight on the misshapen lumps of plastic which were fused into the off position.

"I didn't know electricity could do that," Dan said, scratching his goatee in confusion. "Dude, forget this. Let's go to that party where the other guys are, and report this crap in the morning.

That sounded good to Kevin and Jonah so the trio headed for the front door only to find it wouldn't open. Jonah twisted the handle back and forth, confirming it was not locked. *What the heck is this," Kevin asked, shining his flashlight up toward the top of the door and illuminating three long nails that had been pounded into the top of the door frame and twisted down to keep the front door from being opened.

"Woah, what is going on?!" Dan (see author's note at the end) said, starting to freak out.

"We need a hammer to pull these out," Jonah said. "Kevin, you have some tools, do you got a hammer?"

No answer. Dan and Jonah turned around and didn't see Kevin anywhere. "Maybe he went to get a hammer?" Dan asked hopefully.

"I hope. C'mon." They crept upstairs to Kevin's room, he wasn't in there, but they found a hammer in the toolbox in the bottom of Kevin's closet. They went back down to the front door and Jonah started prying at the nails. He had just worked the first one loose when he heard a loud fleshy thud and then toppled as Dan's unconscious body fell heavily into him and knocked Jonah down.

He struggled to push Dan off him and looked up to see a face looming over him that looked just like his, only wearing an amused smirk.

"Jesse?" Jonah said, shocked.

Jesse cocked his head to the side. "Did you miss me, brother?" Jesse drew out the syllables in a mocking tone.

Author's Note

Good news! Frat brothers Dan and Kevin survive to appear in another story, though it's not related to this one. You can read it here:

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/214020631-feeding-ground

Kevin also appears in this one:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/228687101-how-to-get-rid-of-a-poltergeist