Chapter 18

Not every story will amount to a good ending.

Not everyone will find their happiness.

The universe isn't always as fair as it seems it should be.

"What are you sulking for? Don't pretend like you're not happy here with me."

"I'm n-"

You were quickly cut off by a sharp pain in your back. The leather from the hot whip gave an unimaginable sting. A feeling that you didn't miss.

"That woman has you speaking boldly. I may just have to reteach you your manners."

"I'm sorry."

"Now, that's more like what I want to hear."

For a month you had been cooped up in a small dark room in an unfamiliar place. Well, at least that's how long you thought you'd been there. You could only count the days by when you got dinner. That was if you were fed.

"Y/n, I'm doing this because I love you."

"I believe you."

What was the point in fighting her? Another beating?

"Good. I don't want you to think I get a kick out of doing this or something. I just need you to know how to properly speak and act around me."

"I understand."

Jisoo smiled as she bent down kissing your head.

"I'm going to go to make our dinner. I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Jisoo."

As Jisoo closed the door, the tears you were holding in started streaming down your cheeks.

There was no sign of hope. No sign of getting out. No sign of ever seeing your true love again. Was she even still alive? Would you ever find a way back to her if she was? Here you were again, in the dark.

Your tears got heavier as your wrists tugged at the chain that was keeping them bound above your head and as your heart got tighter and tighter with the pain you felt. You just wanted out, but there was no way of getting there.

'Help.'