Chapter 8

Ten minutes later you were tied up. Bound by your wrists and ankles 12 inches off the ground, stripped of every article of clothing.

Slashing me with a whip.

Per usual 20 times.

Cutting me with knives.

Until the blood in my body was almost depleted.

Beating me with your bare hands.

The easiest part for me.

Abusing me sexually.

Makes me sick every time.

Shoving shards of glass into my skin.

Used to it.

Beating me with a metal baseball bat.

My ribs feel as if they've turned into dust.

Burning me.

Not too bad...

Waterboarding me.

Kill me.

She untied the ropes and let you drop to the ground. At this point the only part of you that identified you as you was your voice. You felt as if you were about to die.

Thunder started to clap as well as lightning striking. Rain started to come down as hard as hail.

There was one thing you knew you had to do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was black.

'Oh, my eyes are closed.'

Your eyes fluttered opened and were met to the sight of a...hospital.

'How did I get here?'

You looked around and saw someone standing in the corner. You tried to sit up, but you were met with sharp pain and a loss of air.

You gasped and that caught the person's attention. She came walking toward you at a quick pace.

'Chaeyoung, why is she here?'

"Cha-"

You tried to talk, but it was like the air was gone.

She grabbed your hand as the doctor came into the room.

"Hi, Mrs./Mr. l/n. I am Doctor Carter. It seems like someone got you pretty good. You have a pneumothorax, 4 cracked ribs, 3 broken ribs, gashes all over your body, burn marks, bruises everywhere, and welts all over your back. It is a surprise that you are even alive right now, what with all the blood loss and trauma."

'She has never gone that far before. Sure she has put me in the hospital but never gone this far.'

"I have to ask you though, how did this happen?"

"I was walking...*breath*...home and someone...*breath*...in an alleyway attacked me...*breath*."

"These injuries look more like torture to me, y/n. Not just an attack in an alleyway. Then if you were in the alleyway, how did you crawl to this woman's house?"

"Aren't you a doctor? Are you trying to change...*breath*...your career path to be a detective now? I told you that it...*breath*...was just a random attack."

"This attack seems to be more serious to me. Your medical history indicates that this has happened before. Do you mind stepping out for a second Ms. Park?"

"Whatever you have to say...*breath*...you can say it in front of her."

"Y/n, was this something more than just an attack in an alleyway?"

"What?"

"Y/n," he sighed. "The injuries that you have obtained are consistent with some cases of abuse. Especially seeing the rope markings on your wrists and ankles."

"I told you. Alleyway attack."

"Y/n, I can not call it in and help you if you say no."

"Alleyway Attack."

"Alright, y/n. Your wife is on the way now."

"Why...*breath*...did you call her?"

"She is your emergency contact, y/n."

"Oh...right."

"I will let you rest up."

As the doctor left the room, you did everything to avoid Chaeyoung's gaze.

Stupidity was all you felt right now. You had a way out. A way out of the torture, but as always you had the same reason for hiding. You loved her. No matter how much it hurt.

Chaeyoung sat next to you on the bed and wiped the tears that ran down your cheeks.

"Y/n, I know we haven't really known each other for a long time but you know that you can talk to me. I am all ears."

"Thank you, Chaeyoung."

Your gazed locked onto her own. It was like your body had a mind of its own. You gradually leaned your head forward off of the pillow where it lies. Chaeyoung leaned down, her eyelids starting to flutter.  Your foreheads touched ever so gently, lips grazing across one another.

Suddenly you started to feel light headed and dizzy. Your head slammed back against the pillow and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/n: The medical terms and treatments may not be accurate, but I tried to be as accurate as 5 am would allow me.