Parents Say

Romeo POV

Wow ! That's all I can say. I'm officially going to be a dad.

Laneisha seemed calm about it. She sort of had that I told you face on. She went back to the house and I told her to make sure she stay in contact with me. You know with her carrying my seed and all. She was cool with it and we went our separate ways.

I was gone call Juliet and tell her but I rather tell her this kind of news face to face. I know she gone be upset but her ass just gone have to deal with it.

I'm boutta call her after I get done talking to my momma. You know momma got to know everything first. She was on her way over when I called so I'll see her in a few.

I just can't picture myself being a dad. I hadda lot of questions that needed to be answered.

How do I know if this baby is mine? When they baby come into this world how is it gonna look at me?

I wonder how my momma gone react over this whole situation. The doctor said she was 9 weeks. But to me the dates didn't add up. Oh well I'll look back in on it . I was boutta see what all was in the kitchen until my momma walked in the house. I know she was gone try to cook. She always did when she came ovaa.

" Hey Ma ! " I said giving her a hug.

" Hey baby. What you been doing these past couple days. " My momma replied . She went over to her favorite chair and sat down.

" Nothing working. " I said sitting on the couch.

She looked over at me and that look right there told it all she was boutta talk my head off. I love my momma to death but she tend to talk to much. Especially when she drunk.

" Son , I don't want you to be doing that shit . One day you gone regret ever being in these damn drug business. I love you Romeo , I do but I just don't want to lose you. I've already lost my daughter . " she said pulling a piece of peppermint out her purse.

My momma love her some peppermints. It could be three in the morning and if she be up and decide to eat a peppermint and not one is there then she'll go out and find a store that's open and get her a bag. That's just how serious she is about them .

" Ma , you see how we living. You decided to stay in that house you know you can move anytime you want.  I got you. " I said.

" I don't care how we living. I just want you to get money the right and safe way. You hear me?  " she said putting the peppermint in her mouth.

" I hear you momma but like it or not if God decide to take me out I'm going out a thug. " I said .

" Don't you ever say God and thug in the same sentence ever again. " she said shaking her head at me. " One Sunday you should come to church with me. " she said and I guess she saw my face expression. " I'm serious son. " she said trying to convince me to go.

" I love God I do but I don't feel like getting up early in the mornings. I thought school was over for me."

" School is never over unless you choose for it to be over. You know why because you learn something new everyday whether you in school or not. "

" I know but -"

" And you can never get up to early for God. " she snapped back at me .

" It's call take yo ass to bed ! " she said getting up and going into the kitchen. " What you got to eat? " she asked going through the cabinets.

" I don't know. But momma I need to talk to you. " I said while going into the kitchen to help my momma find something. I had to go grocery shopping. Truth is I be working or either sleepin' and I don't have time for grocery shoppin'.