Get You

⚠️TW: mentions of abuse!⚠️

it's been 2 days since i've talked to ruben. 2 lonely fucking days. i haven't left the house and i've been binge watching scary movies. i heard a knock on my room door. "what?" i said.

"i'm going to the store. do you want anything?" my mom asked.
"more ice cream please."

"that's all? you haven't really been eating lately. are you ok?" she asked.

"yeah i'm fine."
she just sighed and left. 5 minutes later, there was another knock on my door. "come in"  i said. it was tia. "someone is here to see you" she said.

i thought it was ryan so i just stayed silent but to my surprise, it wasn't ryan. it was ruben. "what's going on here?" i asked. "i just wanted to talk to you, that's it" he said. "i'll be downstairs" tia said while leaving my room and closing the door behind her.

ruben sat down on my bed, it was silent. "look, i didn't kiss fuckshit. he just-" my sentence was cut off. "i know, he told me he was really drunk and that he came onto you but you said no" ruben explained. it went silent again.

"i'm not mad at you, mariah. i was just.."

"shocked? hurt? confused?" i said. he laughed which made me smile a little. "yeah, i guess you can say that" he moved closer to me. "i love you, riah and i'm sorry i didn't listen to you when you tried to explain yourself" he kissed me.

"its ok, i completely understand and i forgive you" i said and kissed him again. "hey guys" fourthgrade said while walking in my room. ruben and i jumped up. "sorry if i'm interrupting but tia wanted me to bring you guys some food" he said while handing us an in n out bag. "thank you, fourthgrade" i said while hugging him.

fourthgrade looked at us once more and spoke again. "i can tell you guys make each other happy. mariah, he really loves you. keep him around"  he said while exiting my room. we cuddled and watched movies together until fuckshit came to get him. i was happy, thank god he wasn't mad at me anymore.
++++
the next day, we were all chilling out at the shop, waiting for stevie to arrive. i was cuddled up next to ruben. "wait, do y'all date now or am i missing sonething?" ray asked. "yeah, we are" i answered and everyone had a shocked expression on their face, including ruben.

next thing you know, some women barged in the store with stevie. "hey! what is your name?!" she asked. "what the fuck?" ray said silently which made me laugh. "what is your name?" she asked again. "fuckshit."

"fuckshit? jesus...."

at this point, everyone was confused. who was this lady and why was she so upset?