Soulmates who weren't meant to be

I never should have called
'Cause I knew you would leave me
But I didn't think you could do it so easily
I never should have held your hand
On that cold rainy night
'Cause, further along, it would cause another fight

{2023}

It had almost been 13 years since they stopped talking. Na Jaemin and Huang Renjun. 

Something called "love at first sight" for Renjun.

He moved to Korea at the age of 10. His parents passed away from a car crash so his grandparents took him in. 

Na Jaemin was the first friend he's ever made. No one talked to him in China because they all thought he was a weird. The kid was a big introvert. Never telling anyone his feelings; until he went to the playground, in front of his apartment, and cried. 

A sudden hug calmed him down. Hesitating, he looked up and saw a boy smiling widely at him, introducing himself as Na Jaemin. The boy was pretty. Too pretty for Renjun's liking. 

Right then and there, Renjun started feeling nauseous. Noticing, the pretty boy hugged him once again. This time, the shorter hugged back. He couldn't believe what he was doing. He had never hugged anyone. Not even his parents. And honestly, it felt good. He felt his cheeks turning red but he didn't mind. 

A year passed and they became good friends. How? you asked? Jaemin constantly bothered him all day, asking to be friends. Renjun secretly liked it though. It got annoying sometimes but Renjun liked it. Renjun liked Jaemin, so he eventually accepted his request.

At the age of 11, Jaemin introduced the older to new people; Lee Jeno, Lee Donghyuck: who also went by the name Haechan, Zhong Chenle, and Park Jisung. 

At first, Renjun would hide behind Jaemin. But seeing how all four of them were nice, he got used to them. The 6 of them were inseperable. They called themselves H&Y; Hot & Young. They trusted each other with everything and knew each other's secrets.

On the 13th of August, 2011, Renjun decided to confess. He remembered the same exact words he said. ❝Na Jaemin, I know we're bestfriends but I like you.. a lot❞. It was short and simple. But he meant every word he said. After the confession, the younger only nodded and smiled. ❝I love you, and I will do anything for you to feel the same❞, Renjun tried again. Still receiving no response but a smile and nod. 

The shorter assumed that he was allowed. Allowed to do anything for the other to reciprocate his feelings. He just wished he didn't over do it.

Since that day, Renjun would text "good morning"s and "goodnight"s to the younger. Letting him know that Renjun cared. He would also remind the younger that he loved him, and that he could wait as long as the other wished.

On the night of Christmas, Renjun invited all of his friends over. All, as in the six. The only six he had. Among them, Jeno was the only one who shipped Jaemin and Renjun hard. The others did too but Jeno was like the president of the ship, RenMin or JaemRen. So when he saw Renjun and Jaemin texting while all being in the same room, he couldn't help but take Renjun's phone out of his hand and write something.

Yah, give it back❞ the short male whined. Jeno found it cute so he eventually gave up. Renjun looked at what his friend had typed and sent to his crush. ❝Kiss me❞ it read. Of course, typical things, some typical 11 years old would do. 

He took a glance at Jaemin. ❝Follow me❞ the other whispered. Clear enough for Renjun to see and quiet enough for the others to not hear. Renjun sighed before he followed Jaemin into his bedroom.