Chapter 3 Helping

Tsubaki's view

My head... my head hurts...

I hear a quiet snore beside me.

"Wtf? Who's in my room?" And I open my eyes, only to close them again. Even though the room was dark, it hurt so badly to open them.

After hearing another snore, I knew that I had to find out who was with me in my room.

I braced myself for the pain and determinedly opened my eyes.

I was not in my room.

Where was I? And who was beside me?

I rolled over, hitting the rolled-up blanket and seeing Ema's sleeping face beside mine. My eyes widen in surprise. Then I remembered Yuri.

Then I remembered going to visit Yuri and being run over, then nothing. Maybe this is Yuri? Not Ema. I sat up, regretting the decision instantly, and lay back down.

Despite the mistake of getting up, I was glad that I had. I now knew where I was. I was in Yuri's room. Apparently, sleeping next to her again.

I shake my head in disbelief; surely it hadn't happened again? I rolled over and went back to sleep. I will figure it out in the morning. I am too tired and sore now.

In the morning, I awoke to my script being read. "Wow!" Listening to the voices, "Whoever this is, I want to practise with them..."

I opened my eyes, sat up, and looked at the reader.

Yuri was sitting on her study chair curled up into it, faced away, clearly just showered, taking great delight in picking voices for the script in front of her. There was one part she could not for the life of her get a suitable voice for, and that part just so happened to be my part.

I decided, after hearing her fail and mutter in disgust started saying my lines. Yuri, upon hearing my voice, nearly fell out of her chair.

"Morning, Tsubaki," Yuri said.

"Morning, Yuri," I say, suddenly realising how hungry I was. "You don't happen to have any breakfast, do you?"

"Yes, you could have the sandwich I made you yesterday if you want."

I nod enthusiastically, thinking that any food is good at this point.

Yuri gets out my sandwich, and I inhale it.

"Are you ok now?" She asks worriedly.

I nod my thanks.

"You should go have a shower; it might help you feel better. "

I nod and get up to go.

"Yuri, you're really good at that. Do you think that you could help me get my part right?"

"Sure, I had nothing planned for today, and it sounds fun."

I smile and say, "Good thanks, I will do as you say and come back. I look forward to your help. " and find that I am.

I go to my room, get my things and go have a shower. The shower was cleaner and dryer than I expected, but I didn't think anything of it.

While showering, I thought how I was surprised at how well Yuri accepted me and how interesting she was.

After my shower, I went and got something more from the kitchen as I was still hungry. I ran into Ema. "Are you ok, Tsubaki? I didn't see you at dinner or breakfast..."

I walk over to her and look into her eyes. Yup, it's official. My feelings had changed. However, Ema blushed at the nearness.

"I'm fine!" I smile; she is finally where she wants to be in my heart, my sister. I just hope that I don't lose Yuri. I could not bear to lose her to anyone. Yuri was definitely not my sister.

"Have a good day, Ema" I turned and left to return to Yuri's room. I walk away more cheerful than I had been in months.

Yuri's view

"Oh crap," I think, "I just signed my day away...I forgot about that book again...oh well.... maybe tomorrow if I don't forget again."

I decided to make some more sandwiches as I figured that if he were anything like me when I tried to get things perfected, he would forget to eat and then be so hungry you eat rubbish. Better making something nice now than rubbish later.

I also vacuumed and mopped my room as I'm not too fond of crumbs, and we had been eating in here. I looked outside and discovered that I had a balcony with a table and two chairs. "Yay!" I thought I could eat outside and keep the crumbs out there.

Tsubaki came back an hour later, and we started to work on him learning his script and figuring out how he would say the script. I helped him till we were both hungry, and we both gobbled up the sandwiches I made outside, came back inside, and went back to his work. We both ended up falling asleep with the Script between us.

I woke up before Tsubaki again and realised that, yet again, this man was in my bed. It bothered me as I had never been in any sort of relationship. My Aunt, who I was living with and called Mum, made it clear that I was not to fraternise with anyone until I had graduated. My aunt adopted me at birth as my parents were too poor to raise twins and asked her if she would raise me as her own child, which she did. However, she also believed in telling the truth about everything, so I knew from the time I could talk my Mum was my Aunt. Knowing this, I tried to follow her values as best I could...that was until three days ago.

I still don't understand how Tsubaki ended up sleeping in my bed three times. I go and have a shower in the bathroom that Ema and I now secretly share. Ema, though, still tended to use the one upstairs out of habit.

A/N Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.