nine

❝Stop wandering, come back to me

Stop wandering, come back to me.

KEVIN

"What brought y'all here?" I asked them.

All of them pushed Jacob in front of me.

"We're here to apologize."

Did I just heard that right? They wanted to apologize on us?

"Apologize?" I repeated. "There is no need for that."

"Hey now, stop being a shit because we are here to apologize," I heard Dongju said before I saw him rolled his eyes.

I was about to speak, but Changmin's scream erupted inside Chanhee's room. I sighed and grabbed the doorknob of the room's door. Before I can even twist it open, someone opened it from inside and I quickly let go of the doorknob.

"Where the fuck is Kevin- oh shit."

Juyeon glared at the boys that greeted him just as the time he opened the door. His gaze then landed on me with a confused look.

"Did you invite them here?"

I scoffed at Juyeon's question. "Why the fuck would I invite them here?"

"We came here by ourselves," Jacob suddenly spoke.

"None of us invited one of you to come here," Juyeon tells them.

"Gotcha!" I heard Changmin screamed before I saw him hugged Juyeon from behind. "Why are they here?" he wondered while still hugging Juyeon.

"We wanted to talk," Seoho responded instead.

"Come inside," I tell them before shoving past Changmin and Juyeon.

Chanhee stared at the six boys in front of him with his mouth slightly opened.

"Did all of you just apologized?" he asked out of disbelief.

"Yeah," Hyunjae responded instead. "I wasn't there when it happened, but I came with them just to make sure that they won't mess up with you guys again. I know that Jacob can't handle them alone, so yeah."

"Apology isn't enough, you know," Juyeon spoke, making all of the eyes to land on him. "We have some hospital bills to pay."

"You're saying something, Juyeon?" Dongju playfully asked the latter because he knew that he was referring to him.

"Pay for the hospital bills," Juyeon tells Dongju with his arms crossing against his chest.

"Like, the whole bill?" Dongju asked. "Are you fucking kidding me?! I can't even pay my tuition fee!"

"Then you should've thought about that before smashing a glass at the back of Chanhee's head!" Changmin chimes in.

"Guys, stop," Jacob interrupted and turned to his friends. "I just wanted to remind that we are here to apologize to them, okay? We are not causing any more trouble after this," he tells them.

"Apologize, my ass," Dongju whispered.

"Dongju," Hyunjae called out in a warning tone.

"I'm so fucking tired of pretending to be nice in front of these dudes," Dongju bursted out. "There's no way in hell that I'll apologize to them," he said before walking away. He was about to leave the room, but Kevin suddenly spoke.

"Is that the way you return a thing after I treated you a drink on your birthday?"

Dongju looked back to Kevin with a playful smile on his lips.

"I ain't some materialistic person, so that drink is not worthy at all. I just wanted you to take out some cash and spend it on that drink, but it seems like you weren't pissed at all. You have a nice temper," Dongju said before finally leaving the room.

"Well," Sunwoo began, speaking for the first time since they arrived at the hospital. "I don't think I have a reason to stay here. Apologies have been done, nothing more to say," he said before following Dongju's tracks.

Seoho could only shook his head. "I'm sorry in behalf of those two immature kids."

"Dongmyeong is the nicest among them," Changmin said.

"Count Giwook in if he's here," Juyeon added.

"I'm not always nice," Dongmyeong softly spoke.

"Because of what you said, I remembered how you kicked my leg on that day," Changmin said with a slight laugh.

"Sorry about that," Dongmyeong apologizes to the latter. "I was carried away."

"I'm happy to see that we're all good now, I guess?" Chanhee said, unsure.

"We still have to pay for your hospital bill-"

"Don't mind it," Kevin said, interrupting Seoho. "Y'all came here to apologize, not to pay the bills."

"It would be much okay for us if we give a little amount," Jacob insisted.

Kevin was about to speak, but Changmin did first.

"We wouldn't mind if you guys would give a small amount."

"You're so cool, Changmin," Juyeon praises the younger while counting the bills that Hyunjae handed to them earlier before they left Chanhee's room.

"We still need more amount to pay for the hospital bills," Changmin said with a pout.

"How much do I have to tell y'all that you shouldn't worry about the bills?" Kevin asked them with a slight hint of annoyance on his voice.

"Kev, don't tell me you already paid it?" Chanhee asked out of disbelief. "You don't need to do that."

Kevin faced the three boys with a blank face. "I don't need to do it because it is not even my responsibility to pay," he tells them. "I did paid the bills because I wanted to, not because needed to."

The three boys went silent for a moment as they were touched by Kevin's words.

"I need to go," Kevin tells them before he left the room, leaving the boys dumbfounded.

"How can we be so lucky on having a Kevin Moon as our homie?" Changmin asked, nearly on the verge of tears.

"He's such an angel in disguise," Juyeon stated.

"We don't deserve him," Chanhee added.

Meanwhile, Kevin walked through the hallway of the hospital and quickly got inside the elevator, going down on the first floor. The elevator is only occupied by Kevin only and no one else.

'I don't want to ruin the atmosphere,' Kevin mumbled to himself. 'But I need to take care of someone who had his pride higher than the clouds.'