twenty one

❝Let me end this, I hope this is the last of our tears

Let me end this, I hope this is the last of our tears.

KEVIN

It is already past eight in the evening and I just got out of my shift. I'm going to walk home alone again tonight since Changmin isn't with me. He has been sick for almost a week already, causing him to take a little break from our shift here at the small fast-food chain that we're working on inside a mall.

The cold breeze of the night engulfed me as soon as I stepped out of the mall. I hugged myself and started to rubbed my arms using my palms in order to ease the cold as I walked through the empty sidewalk.

For over ten minutes of walking, everything was fine, not until someone blocked my way. I halted on my tracks and clicked my tongue before looking up at the person who stood in front of me.

"Get out of my way," I spoke.

Our gazes finally met and I could only clench my jaw.

"I wanted to talk to you," Sunwoo quietly said, almost whispering.

I hummed before nodding slightly. "At this hour?" I asked him. "Can we just talk tomorrow? I'm quite tired right now."

I was about to walk past him, but he grabbed my wrist, making me stop on my tracks again.

"If I said that I wanted to talk with you now, I mean it," he said, and I could feel him gritting his teeth behind my ear.

"You can't tell me what to do," I hissed before removing his grip on my wrist. I turned around and faced him with an emotionless face.

I saw how a mischievous smirk formed on his lips, making me to cock an eyebrow on him.

"You despise me the most and now, you wanted to talk to me?" I huffed. "That's a quick change."

Sunwoo shrugged his shoulders with a smirk still playing on his lips. I clenched my fists as I glare at him.

What game does this motherfucker want?

"I just wanted to talk, Kevin. That's all."

"Get lost," I spat at him and took another step, but he grabbed my wrist again.

"Let's have a talk, then I won't spill your secrets."

My breath hitched after hearing those words that came out from Sunwoo's mouth. I looked back to him with my eyebrows meeting together.

"What do you know about me?" I asked him, whispering.

I took a step back when he suddenly leaned closer to my face, making our nose to almost touch each other.

"I may not know everything about you, but of course, I definitely know something."

Did he meant the killing? How did this fucking bastard knew?

"What are you trying to say here, Kim Sunwoo?"

"I'm just saying that I am facing a murderer right now."

I remained silent, still looking at him intensely.

I was right. Sunwoo knows about the inhuman things that I did.

He then shrugged his shoulders with a playful smile on his lips as he stood up straight, increasing the gap between us.

"You're guilty," he said. "Your silence on my statement definitely brought out the truth."

"Where do you wanted to talk then?" I asked him, slightly changing the topic. "Make it quick because I'm tired."

SUNWOO

To tell the truth, I was afraid to approach Kevin at first. When I faced him, I knew that I was also facing death. He could kill me anytime, and I admit that I am ready for it.

"How brave of you to talk to me at this hour," I heard Kevin chuckled beside me as we climbed through the stairs of the footbridge.

I scoffed at his comment. "Why the hell would I be scared of you? You almost killed me at that time when we fought inside the restaurant."

Kevin hummed. "When I choked you with my own hands? I was satisfied while doing that because you're a freaking bastard."

"Thanks for the compliment," I told him with a smile as we halted at the middle of the footbridge.

I saw how he rolled his eyes on me. I wanted to laugh, but this is not the right time.

"Why did you kill Dongju and Giwook?" I asked him directly with an expressionless face.

Kevin locked his gaze on mine before he began laughing.

He's a freaking psychopath, I swear.

His laughter came to an end, but it was replaced by his soft chuckles.

"Hmm, Dongju," he spoke with his index finger pointing on his bottom lip. "He is such an asshole. I fucking hate him."

"Said by another kind of asshole," I breathed out, not minding on what Kevin would do to me after what I have just said to him.

"Don't push my buttons, Sunwoo," Kevin warned.

I looked at him while snickering before saying, "You can't scare me, Kevin. I wouldn't be here talking to you alone if I have a coward ass."

"I see," he mumbled as I watched him eyeing me from head to toe.

"What about Giwook then?" I asked him.

I saw him poking his tongue on the inside of his cheeks as he looked down at the highway under us.

"I know that he didn't spied on me on purpose. He saw me accidentally and decided to observe me after that. It was his mistake."

"You're afraid that he would spill everything?" I asked him with a smirk.

Kevin then looked at me. "How did you fucking know all of these? We're you spying on me too?"

i quickly shook my head. "Giwook told me everything," I lied.

Giwook told me to save myself from Kevin, but it was Changmin who told me almost everything. I wouldn't be here if Changmin didn't spoke anything to me, but it wouldn't be his fault if anything happens to me tonight because it was my choice to meet with this killer, which happens to be Kevin.

I would never reveal anything that Changmin have said to me, even if my life depends on it.