Chapter 3: Trapped

"H-Hey Willow, I.. I think I found Luz!" He said, stumbling over his words, still in shock of his newfound discovery of the human as a statue. He paused, waiting for the response from his wife. Meanwhile in Bonesborough, Willow and Amity were in a private area while Willow's scroll was on speaker so Amity could hear the conversation as well. Amity was taking a moment to wrap the information around her brain. She froze up, not even a surprised gasp came out of the Blight's mouth. Her gaze met with her best friends, still too shocked to say anything while the plant witch's eyes had widened and looked back at the scroll.

"Gus where is she!?" Willow exclaimed to her husband, wanting answers as soon as possible. She then looked back over towards Amity to make sure that she was okay and that she didn't faint from the sudden news.

"S-She's in the Gallery of Forbidden Literature, it's within the castle on a wall in the left-wing. It has a mural of the 9 covens, but the entrance is locked by a certain protection spell. You need to put the covens in their rightful orders in order to pass through and head below the castle." Gus had explained to the two witches on the scroll while collecting his belongings on the ground after being scattered across the floor when he tripped. Amity was paler than usual, taking in a shaky breath, she finally got her thoughts together and looked at the scroll.

"We're coming," Amity said before hanging up Willow's scroll and grabbing her wrist, practically dragging her at a fast pace towards the castle. As the two witches made their way to the castle, Gus had his hand over his mouth while pacing around, tapping on his bag in impatience. Once Amity and Willow got through the mural and made their way down the stairs, seeing Gus waiting for them, he didn't notice them at first. Amity cleared her throat so that she would get the attention of the male witch, but instead of looking at him when he glanced at them, Amity looked in the direction he was staring at. She froze up when she saw the statue, putting a hand over her mouth. It's her... Amity thought to herself before rushing over to the statue and examined every detail of Luz's statue. Willow just stared at the statue, having a similar reaction as her husband, tears falling down in the process. She then noticed the gashes on Luz, especially the deep indent that was on the human's stomach.

"That's Luz alright... it looks like she was putting up quite a fight and got injured badly," Willow stated while examining the statue more, realizing the locket that Luz is holding against her lips.

Raising an eyebrow, Willow looked at Amity and said, "Wait, Amity isn't' that the locket you gave her for her birthday before she disappeared?".

Amity locked her eyes on the locket and caressed it with her finger. She had a small smile on her face, remembering when she gave the locket to the human 25 years ago. "I gave this to her when I spent the night at her place... I didn't know that she had it with her this whole time." Amity told them while a tear fell down her face. Remembering the memory hurt her, more than the pain that has been caused by her parents. Amity's chest tightened and lowered her hand from the locket's location on the statue of her crush. She then looked towards Gus, who was staring at the ground lost in his own thoughts. He was muttering to himself, most likely trying to figure out a way to turn their dear friend back. Gus finally lifted his head up and looked at the two girls, locking eyes with them.

"I-I think I know a way to turn her back into a person. There should be a spell that could bring her back, but it's going to take a while to try to locate that spell. And since I was looking at everything else in this room, I completely forgot where the location is." Gus said while having a bit of a sweat drop nearing the end of the sentence. He was fidgeting with the buttons on his shirt again, soothing him whenever the male is anxious.

Willow was thinking about where the scroll for the spell could be, then remembered about the compass that her husband still had. "Honey, you have the compass, remember, that's how you found Luz, it can help you find the spell we're looking for to bring back Luz!" She said to her husband, having a hopeful tone in her voice, wanting to free her friend badly. Suddenly, a realization hit her and she then looked towards her best friend. "Though Amity, when we do bring her back, she's going to still be a 15-year-old girl, will you be alright knowing that she's going to be the same age as she was 25 years ago?" Willow asked, having a concerned look on her face.