epilogue.

"do what is right, not what is easy."

簡単なことではなく、正しいことをする

『  ᴷᴬᴺᵀᴬᴺ'ᴺᴬ ᴷᴼᵀᴼᴰᴱ ᵂᴬ ᴺᴬᴷᵁ,
ᵀᴬᴰᴬˢᴴᴵ ᴷᴼᵀᴼ ᴼ ˢᵁᴿū 』

×××

May, 1994

it was a silent night.
silent enough to doze the civilians of sotenbōri to their overnight fantasies.
even so, there's one person who's not feeling at ease.

eyebrows furrowed, sweats dripping down
however, her screeching of pain can be heard clearly. nerves can be seen bulging up through her pale skin, snaking their way up to her forehead. the date have come and she isn't ready, entirely.
the little someone in her tummy tries to kick his or her way out.

that very night, she had to endure that pain most woman feared.
desperate enough, the single mother clings with the energy she have left in her on to the bedside table, grasping for her flip phone to seek for help. at the very least, there might be someone, her workers, who might be up as late as past midnight, to come over to drive her to the hospital.

that very peaceful night where most people are swimming in the sea of dreams, the worse pain of all pain she have had before came gushing into her every joints.
nine months and a few days worth of carrying the little infant and after that, she'd be free.

that very night as well, the hospital welcomed her, as well as the baby she is  about to give birth to.

×××