𝟒, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞

third person.

"good morning mrs. rennet." estrella smiled at the lady who was standing behind the counter. "good morning dear." the lady smiled back.

"so we called you in for a new student who has recently moved here. her name is diana smith." a girl came up from behind estrella.

"is it alright if you give her a school tour and help her with her schedule?" "oh of course!" estrella smiled at diana.

"great. thank you and don't worry i talked to your teachers and they said it was alright for you to miss their class." estrella nodded and walked out of the office with diana.

"hey diana, i didn't know you were going to school here."

"oh i wasn't, i was supposed to go back to new jersey but mom and dad love it here in portland so here i am." diana giggled.

"oh, i thought you lived here and i just never seen you before."

"nope, i live in nj. i was supposed to visit for the summer and then go back. my parents decided last minute to stay here and have me go to school here." diana smiled.

"that's great so we can be friends!" "yeah! but definitely not friends with the cheerleaders that left you at the beach alone." they both laughed.

"yeah, i don't like them i've made new friends and they're the best!" estrella smiled brightly. "that's great! i can't wait to meet them! anyone single from there."

"yeah actually, daniel and zach. you and zach! i could already see it." estrella teased. "what about daniel?" diana then teased the girl. estrella felt her face heat up and she looked away.

"you like him!" "no i don't!" estrella quickly denied. "so i should go for daniel?"

"what no! he- he's, i-, you can't-, i give up." she sighed. "you like him! don't worry i won't go for him if you like him."

"okay in my defense he's like two years older than you! but yeah i kinda like him- i don't know for sure though. i mean he's cute but i don't know if i'm ready to date again- believe me he's the best person ever and he makes me happy and-" estrella rambled on.

"hey, chill, it's okay. it's okay to be confused about feelings but i say you don't know unless you try. give him a chance you don't know where that can lead."

well said diana, well said.

"yeah, you're right. it's just my last relationship was terrible. i hated it and i didn't even like him and he was my first everything." estrella smiled sadly.

"no, aww love. it's okay." diana conferred with her. "i guess. just the first time he was so rough and i don't like it." estrella made a disgusted face. "i feel so bad."

"no, it's alright. well this is your homeroom class and it looks like you have many classes with zach!" estrella and diana smiled and they continued.

"hello pretty lady." zach came from behind estrella and diana. "hello zachary." estrella laughed and diana then turned to face the unknown boy.

"woah. hi." zach smiled at the unknown girl. "estrella introduce me." he hit her arm and she rolled her eyes.

"zachary this is diana she's new. diana this is zach, i call him zachary though." the two smiled at each other and estrella just stood there awkwardly.