Ch. 1

Bonnie's p.o.v.

Have you ever hear people say, 'Break a leg,' every time someone does something that will make their life change for the better or the worse? It completely annoys me, that actually makes me want to actually break my leg and say it is their fault that they jinxed it on me. Can't someone just say good luck or something good without it sounding painful and violent? I guess not. Just thinking about the saying makes me go mad like Alice in Wonderland.

God, I need to watch that movie over again...maybe all of them. Sweet, I believe I have some binge watching to do actually, just before summer break ends for me and it is to hell of college. The one thing I love about the movie is the white rabbit. I believe my parents had a thing for it and use to tell they were actually going to name White Rabbit but they decided to call me Bonnie to save me the embarrassment.

I smile gleefully finally finishing the painting I worked on for 8 weeks. It is a painting of the Japanese shrine and right now I have no regrets of this little project. I quickly take my phone taking a snap sending it to my two best friends in the whole universe Jennifer and William. They both have been my best friends since diapers. I only adore those two and anyone else can suck on a popsicle, a huge popsicle.

Speaking of food, I sighed going downstairs for some hot Cheetos to nibble on for my binge watching. I bank the corner seeing my mother and father once again once more arguing, it never gets old when they argue and when I show up, they act like they love each other so much that they would want to kill each other once I disappear.

"Hey guys," I mumble softly, putting on a big smile to make it seem that I did not catch them arguing five seconds ago. "Oh sweetie what's up?" my father asked, wrapping his hand around my mothers waist. I giggle, "Just grabbing some snacks to binge watch some movies," I quickly grab the big pack of hot Cheetos, Oreos, a huge bottle of Fanta and just in case so I do not kill myself some bottle of water.

My mother looked at me warily, like she does not approve of me staying up watching movies, she mostly says it is un-lady like to do but I actually do not care honestly. I am honestly my own person and I love it. Soon I will go college and escape far away from the arguing. "Just do not stay up too late hun," my mother said softly. My father scoffs, "She is not a child," he walked away grabbing a beer from the fridge. My mother glance over at him with a death stare. I rolled my eyes knowing there is an argument waiting to be unleashed and I do not want to lose my appetite for my binge and food night.

I enter my room throwing everything on my bed. I sighed hearing the loud argument. I quickly close my door getting a headache. I took a deep breath and exhaled, as my head ding an idea that will make my binge night perfect. I open my closet looking in the left my closet, seeing my ladder and my little relaxing tent I made on the empty side of my closet. A Cheshire cat grin came across my face, loving my idea of peace. I quickly move my things up there that I find necessary to my whole night. I close my closet disappearing into my own world. Outside those doors is just cruel reality I have to live through once more and I am not ready to leave.

My binge watching began having no limits with my computer fully charged, my phone, my favorite food, drinks, my stuffies watching with me and just myself. This is was my peace away from everything and I wish it can last forever but of course everything has a limit as I hear my name being yelled from my mother voice.

I cringed looking at the time and it was exactly 6 a.m. I groaned not wanting to pull myself from my peace, but it was better than her coming in and tearing it down.

I carefully climbed down the ladder, staring at my closed closet door. When I open this door every strength in me will disappeared. I sighed taking deep breaths, exhaling. I open the closet door slowly feeling the cold, heartless reality air hit my face.

My name was once again called out by my mothers voice downstairs. It sounded muffled in my ears as it rung out in pain. I exit out my bedroom going down to the kitchen seeing my mother shuffling, getting herself ready for work. She is a lawyer for an extraordinarily rich company which I forgot the name of. "Did you not know how long I yelled your name young lady?" my mother hissed underneath her voice as she texted on her phone giving no eye contact to me.

I said nothing, feeling my breath taken away from her cheap perfume that filled up the whole house. She finally looked up from her phone looking at me up and down in pure disgust. "I cannot believe you stayed up. What time did you even sleep?" she asked.

I looked away averting eye contact at all time, just how she treats me when she is on the phone with her clients. I didn't even sleep or take a break, I'm actually surprised it's morning in the first place. She scoffed, "How are you going to be a wonderful woman when you cannot limit yourself and even take care of yourself. I will not be there for you forever young lady!" she yelled, making me flinch.

Just in time, for some odd reason, my father banked the corner, "Woah kiddo did you binge watch so hard last night? What were you watching?" he asked smiling at me softly. I made eye contact with him, "I was watching all the Alice and Wonderland movies...." my voice sounded so soft that I could not even hear my own voice which is normal.

My father laughed, heartily, "Damn kiddo, that is really impressive! Next time let me join you," he winked at me playfully. My mother rolled her eyes, "I am late now. Have a nice sweetheart and go to sleep immediately after we leave," she demanded it in her voice and eyes. I nod my head. My father ruffled my hair, shooting finger guns at me as they both exit the house.

Once again, I am home alone in an empty house just like always. I am always home by myself, but I do not actually mind. I do not have to hear the arguing when I wake up and they might stay out for a whole week if I am lucky. I cross my fingers, dragging myself up the stairs to my room.

I lay on the bed feeling my body become limp. I giggled a little, pulling myself on the bed fully so I do not fall off because that would be a heavy fall of how the way I am feeling right about now. I pulled my favorite stuffie into a tight hug, curling up in a ball feeling my eyes get heavy. I try to fight of the sleep, but I believe the sleep got the better of me.