Telling Derrick

Telling Derrick

I walk to the door and pull it open.

There before me, stands my best guy friend, Derrick, holding a pizza box.

"That'll be twelve dollars." He says.

"When did you start working at the pizza place?" I ask him, while pulling twelve dollars out of my pocket.

"Last week. I told you that when I got the job." He states, grabbing the money and walking into the kitchen with the pizza.

I follow him, then realize he doesn't know Brooke is staying with me.

"Well, hello there sexy." He says while winking at her.

She looks at me confused and then walks towards me.

"Derrick, we'll be right back. You can go ahead and eat a slice of pizza." I say while walking upstairs with Brooke.

When we get to my room she closes the door and glares at me.

"Why did he call me sexy? Why didn't you say anything?" She asks angrily.

"He doesn't know we're dating. Hell. He doesn't know my parents are dead. He doesn't even know that you're staying with me." I say.

"Do you tell him anything?" She asks.

"Nope." I state.

"Why did he call me sexy?" She says curiously.

"Brooke..." I say while walking towards her.

"What?" She whispers as I place my hands on her hips and pull her close to me.

"He called you sexy, because he likes you. And you are sexy, and he's truthful." I say.

"I'm not sexy." She says, looking up at me.

"Ashley Brooklyn Smith. You are wearing a skimpy little tank top and tight yoga pants. You look sexy as fuck." I growl into her ear.

She pulls me down and lightly brushes her lips against my ear.

"Unless you want me to brutally fuck you, with Derrick downstairs, I suggest you don't growl things like that in my ear." She whispers.

I pull away from her and open my bedroom door, walking away. She runs up behind me and looks at me.

"Seriously? That's it?" She asks.

"What? I'm hungry!" I say while laughing.

We walk down the stairs and see Derrick eating another slice of pizza.

"Dude! Save some for me!" I say while running to grab the pizza from him.

"Careful Callie. He might eat you." Brooke jokes.

"I wouldn't eat Callie. I'd eat you though." He says, winking at her.

I almost punch him. Brooke looks at me like she's begging me to say something, but I can't do it.

We all finish eating and then we go into the living room. Brooke curls up in the couch next to me, laying her head on my shoulder. Derrick comes over and sits down on the other side of her, and wraps his arms around her waist. Then something inside me snaps.

"Get your hands off of her." I say angrily.

"Why?" He asks.

"She's mine." I state.

"What? Brooke?" He says.

"It's true. We're a couple now. So let go of me." Brooke says, while standing up and walking over to me.

"Alright cool. When do I get a threesome?" He asks.

I walk over to him and grab his arm, pulling him to the door.

"Get out of my house. And don't come back." I say, slamming the door in his face.

I walk back into the living room and grab Brooke's hand, leading her to my bedroom. I close the door as we enter the room. She looks at me slightly confused, then I pin her against the wall, crashing my lips to hers. I slip one hand under her tank top, running my hand up and down her side, causing her to moan quietly. I pull away from her and move my mouth to her ear.

"You're mine. Understood?" I growl into her ear.

"Understood." She breathes out.

"Good." I say, pulling away from her entirely.

"You're such a tease." She pouts.

"You love it." I say, giggling.

I climb into my bed and pull the covers up over me. Brooke climbs in beside me and wraps a protective arm around my waist.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too." I say, smiling.

'Could this be what defines me? The things that make me smile?' I think to myself, as I fall asleep, in the arms of the girl I love.