0.9

0.9

Behind every bad person

Is a person who

Made them that way

/ Haley /

Luke pulled out a cigarette from the back pocket of his jeans and placed it in between his lips.

Right before he lit it up, he paused when he caught me starring at him.

"What?" He groaned.

"You can't smoke in your dorm" I warned, even though I knew he had a record for not following the rules.

He rolled his eyes and lit it, taking in a long drag. I placed my hand over my nose, which only caused him to blow the cloud of smoke in my face.

"I do this thing called whatever the fuck I want"

"You're such a butthead" I angrily shot at him, scooting further down the couch.

But it didn't come out as I intended it to since my hand was still squeezing my nose shut which made my voice sound more like a four year old.

Luke paused right before the cigarette met his pink lips, he looked at me like he was thinking about what to say back, but then he just bursted into a fit of laughter.

Even though i was kind of embarrassed that he was laughing at me, a smile creeped its way up to the corner of my mouth.

I liked the way his eyes squeezed shut and his deep dimples appeared on both sides of his cheeks. He was beautiful. Lord have mercy.

"You're such a kid" He chuckled before inhaling his cigarette.

I made a growling like sound, covering my nose with my hand that I didn't even know i removed.

"I may be a kid but you're still an ignorant fucker" I blurted out.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly said before he could insult me back.

Instead of calling me some rude name, he just bursted into a fit of laughter again. "Oh god" He laughed, hunching over and slapping his legs.

"Stop laughing at me"

"You can't even curse without feeling bad" He says, wiping away the tears that escaped his eyes.

I didn't answer, because it was true. I always end up feeling bad, even if it wasn't my fault. Someone could cut off my leg and I'd still end up apologizing. I just always feel like I did something wrong.

It was silent, the only thing you could hear were the exhales of Luke blowing out smoke. It bothered me to be honest, it was like he didn't care about the hazard affects smoking could do to him. It was like he didn't care about his health or life at all, and that bothered me.

Even though it was about five in the morning and I wasn't tired since Luke had woken me up, I wanted one of us to say something so I could get my mind off the thing that was so slowly Killing Luke.

"So what's your story?" I asked.

"Like why do you do bad things"

He shrugs. "I do bad things because they're fun" He smokes his cigarette at the same time as if to prove his point.

I rolled my eyes. "Luke" I pressed on.

He sighs loudly. "We've all gone through something that's changed us and no matter how hard we try, we'll never go back to the way we once were"

I nodded my head, knowing that he wouldn't say anything more. I just need to be patient with him if I want him to open up to me more.

"What about you? Miss you can't smoke in your dorm" He mocked me.

"About that" I bit my lip, I reached over and carefully snatched the cigarette from his lips. I shot up from the couch and made a run for it for his kitchen, giggling like a twelve year old.

"Haley what the fuck!" He snapped, I could hear him chasing after me, which made me scream and send tingles up my spine.

"Haley i swear to god if you throw that cigarette out" He growled, he was pissed. Oh this was bad.

I picked up a half empty water bottle that was on the floor, making sure to be quick so it wouldn't give him an advantage to catch me.

I threw the cigarette in the garbage can and emptied out the rest of the water bottle on it to make sure it wouldn't end up causing a fire.

I ran behind the white table that was in the middle of his kitchen, excitement bubbling inside of me.

He gave me an angry glare as he tried to chase after me, which failed every time because all I had to do was jog to a different side of the table.

"You're going to regret that you little asshole" He says.

"Catch me if you can loser!" I teased, sticking my tongue out at him.

He smirked and jumped over the table, damn him and his six foot legs.

I screamed and ran back towards the couch, but he got a hold of my arm and pushed me against the nearest wall. Our faces were just merely touching, I would have been a little scared by just looking at the angry expression on his face, but I wasn't. In fact, I had the biggest smile on my face.

"Why are you smiling?" He asks, clearly annoyed.

I just shrugged.

He groaned. "Dammit Haley" His raspy voice mumbles so low I had to lean in a little to make out what he said.

His face inched towards mine, his hot breath breathing onto my neck, making my legs shake. We were so close I could see how beautiful his blue eyes really were, they were astonishing. Our noses brushed, but his lips weren't making it's way to mine like I expected, he placed a soft kiss on my cheek as his warm cheek brushed against mine, like he was leaning in towards my ear.

My ovaries were all over the place, my knees were shaking and my heart was beating rapidly against my chest. I had no idea what he was doing but part of me wanted him to stop and the other part of me wanted him to keep going.

He placed a hard kiss on my neck, parting his lips so that his tongue could slide over the skin. His blonde hair tickled my chin, causing me to send out a small laugh.

"Luke, stop" I whined, giving him a gentle push.

I didn't want to be just one of those girls that he fucked or made out with every day, he knew I would never do that. But I knew deep down that that wasn't the only reason I wanted him to stop,

The devil kissed my neck and it felt like heaven.