Imps, Murcats, and Everything In Between

FYI, this takes place before Princess Purryfins

"I still can't believe we have to get a pretty, happy, and shiny animal here." Tam complained sadly.

I happily bounced up and down. "It'll be great!!! I'm sure you'll eventually love whatever pet we find!"

"Yea, right." He responded.

I thought of the Happy Shadows Thoughts shirt that I had made for him. I totally loved that shirt. It made me laugh so much when I saw Tam wear that shirt, because I could never imagine him with a smiley face shirt, let alone a shirt with the words 'HAPPY SHADOW THOUGHTS' on it.

The two twins were on their way to Imps, Murcats, And Everything In Between, the main pet shop in Atlantis. For Tam, it was a bad thing. For me, I was finally able to cash in the favor I'd been waiting so long for. We were getting a pet!! He'd tried to avoid it for weeks, even months hoping I'd forget, but things like that aren't forgotten, just like how he won't forget how much he cares for Biana. Oops, I didn't think I was supposed to know that, but as a little sister, it's my job to be nosy.

The bell hanging from the top of the door jingled as we walked in. Woah, I thought. The name really was true. They had imps, murcats, unicorns, all the animals I could think of. I had heard that once the gorgodons were rehabilitated one of them might even come here.

"Welcome to Imps, Murcats, And Everything In Between, the only pet store in Atlantis! We hope you find a friend, family member, or just a pet to play with here. What are you looking for today?," A store worker welcomed us. Wow, I thought. She seems so nice. I was still getting used to the fact that almost every single elf here is nice. Well, except for Lady Gisela, Gethen, Lord Cassius, Dame Alina sometimes, Ruy, Alvar, Umber, Trix, Fintan and like all the Neverseen. But still, the elves have way more morals than anyone in the Neutral Territories.

"We're looking for a ridiculous waste of time," Tam muttered.

"He means that we're looking for a nice pet that's easy to take care of. Sorry my brother is so grouchy." I tried to make up for Tam's ridiculousness.

"Ok, sure. Imps are pretty much the opposite of that, maybe a—," She gasped. "Oh my mallowmelt, you guys are the twins that went to Exillium and back. I think you can find your own way around the store."

I guess not everyone here is as nice as I thought they were. I tried to think of something more positive. It wasn't their fault they had grown up into prejudiced lives. Elves didn't care about race, or height, or color. Elves didn't care about riches, but there were a few things they did. Elf prejudice is weird. They were prejudiced against anyone from Exillium, any Talentless, or twins. And Tam and I checked off two of those. "Alright I guess we're on our own," I told Tam, after the sales lady walked away.

"This doesn't even matter," he mumbled looking like he was going to fall asleep on his feet.

I gathered some of the water balls I'd been forming, and POOF! Tam was awake! A huge ball of water splashing him in the face always seems to do the trick. "Now, what do you think? I need your opinion. The gremlins are really cute! They look like huge, black cuddly teddy bears."

"So, no." Tam replied.

"C'mon, they're really cute!" I exclaimed hopefully. Tam sighed. "And cuddly!" I said, starting to get desperate. Tam shook his head in response to this. "Please?" I begged him with puppy dog eyes.

"NO, just No." Tam said.

"What about--"

"NO"

"I was going to say that little imp over there. He looks like Iggy! They could even be friends!!"

"NO! How about that little fish-cat thingy? I won't have to help take care of it 'cause all it does is swim around all day."

"YAYYAYYAY!" I shouted.

I checked out, and then we left the store. "Tam wants a pet! Tam wants a pet!" "Tam wants a pet! Tam wants a pet!" I chanted this all the way till we got back to Granite's house that day, while Tam rolled his eyes.

3 hours later, after Linh parading around Atlantis!

"Guess what happened Tiergan?"

This is my first fanfic I've ever posted on wattpad and I want to know your opinions! PM me to give any feedback, or constructive criticism! Please vote, comment, and follow me! Bye! Thanks for reading! ~Sunny