Chapter Eight- The Truth

- Hayes' POV -

I jog to Alex's room and knock. The door opens revealing a beautiful Alex.

"H-Hey." I said. Damn Hayes! Why'd you stutter?

"Hey. What's up?" She asked me giving me a smile. Okay, this may sound girly bit she made my heart skip a beat.

"Actually, I have to tell you something."

"Oh, okay. Come on in. The girls are up on the roof."

"Wait - as in the roof roof?" I asked.

"Yup."

We sat down on her bed. "So, what'd you wanna tell me?"

"I...I...really like...THIS HOTEL!" Damn it! Strike 1. She laughed. "Me too Hayes. Anything else?"

"I....I was wondering if.....you would like to.....GO TO THE BEACH LATER?" Idiot! Strike 2. "Sure? It looks like you're gonna say something else.....?"

I took a deep breath. Now or never Hayes. Now or never.

I took a deep breath and said "IreallyreallylikeyoubutIdontknowifyoulikemeback"

"Slow down there tiger." She laughed.

"Okay - I really really like you but I don't know if you like me back." I finally said it.

"Oh, Hayes..."

"No no, it's okay. I didn't expect you to like me anyway." I said standing up.

"Hayes, it's not that - it's just - oh god, why are things so fucking complicated!!? Look Hayes, I like you too! I just didn't think you would like me so I just....moved on."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She walked to the door, opened it and said "I'm dating Matt." And with that she closed the door and I swear I could've seen a tear there.

Wait - she doesn't know!!? Why the fuck is Matt leading her on? I swear, I will beat the shit out of him later. That jerk!

- Alex's POV -

I ran and ran to the roof while more tears spilled. I finally got up. I managed to catch my breath and said "S-Steph." The girls looked at me and in an instant their smiles turned to frowns and their eyes changed to a darker shade of their normal color.

"Alex! What happened?"

"What did Matt do to you?"

"I'm right here."

"Why are you crying?"

"Are you alright?"

"Of course she isn't!"

I laughed at my friends behavior. I swear, these girls are one of the best things that ever happened to me. "Guys - please I'm gonna faint! It's so hot in here."

Everyone laughed. I saw Matthew mumble something but I couldn't hear it. All I could make out was 'Hayes told her' What's that supposed to mean?

"What about Hayes Matt?" I asked him crossing my arms.

He looked at me with fear & worry written all over his face. "Oh- it's uh nothing babe." He's hiding something. I know it.

"Don't 'babe' me Matt! I've known you since I met you on Vine. I know when you're happy, sad, mad and especially when you're lying. Don't fucking lie to me Matthew Lee Espinosa!" (read the a/n) I said through gritted teeth. I swear, if I could do stuff, smoke would be blowing out of my ears at the moment.

He hung his head low. "I'm such a fuck up, I made a huge mistake. I cheated on you." He said the last part softly but loud enough for everyone to hear. There were some gasps and some of the guys were coming close to him especially Jack since he is my brother.

"You what?"

"Jack." I warned. He backed off. Tears were coming to my eyes. I walked up to him and slapped him. "You jerk!"

I went to the girls as they hugged me tightly. "I'll talk to you guys later. I have much to tell you but for now I have to see Hayes."

I ran to Hayes room stopping by a mirror to check myself. I looked alright. It's a good thing I didn't wear makeup. What? Don't judge. I'm not a fan of makeup.

I knock on Hayes' door 3 times. He opened the door.

"Alex?" Hayes said almost like he couldn't believe his eyes. I didn't know what to do so I just..kissed him. I got these feelings I've never had with Matt. That's....weird.

We part. "So, you know?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Alex, before anything else, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Hayes, I would love to but, I don't want to seem like a player or a slut to the guys."

"Oh, I understand. What if it was a secret?"

I laughed at his eagerness. "Okay, alright. I'll be your girl."

"YES!" He said picking me up and spinning me around.

"HAYES!" I laughed.

____

A/N - there's a part here that I copied from a fan fic so creds to that person! I forgot who she was, sorry. ✌️