Chapter 9 ~ The Attack

Percy POV

".... and Chaos told me he was Gaea's son. I didn't believe him at first, but when I thought about it---"

"You can think??!"

"Shut up and let me continue, Pinecone Face. Anyways, I thought about his appearance, his powers --- he looks nothing like a child of Poseidon, his powers over water are... rusty, and his attitude most certainly isn't like a child of Poseidon's."

The rest of the Elite looked thoughtful. "That makes sense..." Hazel murmured.

"Are you gonna tell the camp?" asked Luke.

"Hmmm.... Maybe later.. but we need some proof or stuff." I replied.

"We should ask the oh mighty, all seeing Chaos." said Nico.

"Yeahhh..."

Then the conch horn sounded.

The camp is under attack.

Nobody's POV (And NO, nobody is NOT Annabeth.) 

The Elite rushed out of their cabin, fully armed, their armour glinting under their cloaks. The rest of the camp(s) were scrambling to get ready.

The monster army stood all high and mighty behind the border. Multiple monsters tried to push through, but no avail. The enemy consisted of dracaenae, empousa, giants of all kinds, Cyclops, enemy centaurs, telkhines... All in all, probably around 5000 of them. Percy spotted the Minotaur among the monsters and growled softly. Leading the enemy army was none other than the Titan  Atlas.

Zoe, who was standing with the Elite, tensed up at the sight of her father, whom she'd help kill. Calypso, who was among the sea of camperes, hand in hand with Leo, froze in her tracks when she caught sight of her father. She stared at him in horror, unable to believe her eyes.

The campers stared at the huge army uncomprehendingly while the Elite looked on calmly. The enemies outnumbered them 10 to 1 but the Elite weren't afraid. They'd faced worse.

Atlas scanned the campers rushing to get ready. He let out a booming laugh. "How pathetic. You should always be ready, shouldn't you have learnt that lesson already?"

"Shut up, Atlas." Clarisse snarled.

Atlas merely ignored her. His eyes landed on the Elite, who were all hooded, including those who had revealed themselves. "Ahh... I see you have found some weak, hooded little babies who won't show their faces to help you. Well well. You don't look like much. Just 20 of you -- you won't be much help to the camp."

"Oh, but Lord Atlas," Luke said mockingly, "we aren't just a bunch of hooded weaklings who can't do anything. We are the Elite team of Chaos' army, and we've faced waaaay worse than you." The Elite nodded their agreement.

"Is that so?" Atlas jeered.

"Yes, that is so, father." Zoe snarled.

Atlas tilted his head to the side. "Father?"

"Yes, father."  Zoe threw her hood off. Atlas looked shocked. "You're supposed to be dead, how-- well, I guess my dearest daughter is alive." he sneered.

"Not happy to see me, Atlas? Too bad. Well I never wanted to impress you." Zoe scowled.

"Enough talk. CHARGE!!!" Atlas yelled. The monsters charged and -------------------------------------

Slammed into the barrier.

It was hilarious. The monsters charged at full speed, only to be met by an invisible shield that made them land on their fat little butts.