Infected

"Jon was standing next to a dead body," Tyler screamed out as soon as everyone got to the meeting in the cafeteria.

"What," Jon yelled, feeling his heart stop as he stared at his friend in shock. "I just walked in there! I reported the body!"

"Bullshit! You only reported because you saw me walking in!"

"Hold up, hold up," Marcel shouted over the two. He then waited for everyone to quiet down before he said, "Look, I know tensions are still high ever since the virus got loose, but acting like children isn't going to help!" At the mention of the virus, Jon looked down at the panel in front of him, revealing everyone present at the current meeting.

The virus they had found on their most recent exploration was meant to help them understand the different levels of anger. This virus itself seemed to trigger multiple levels of anger in the host, causing them to lash out, going as far as to push the host to kill.

Just two weeks ago, several fossilized plants containing the virus were found destroyed in the medbay. Out of desperation, they had looked to see who the last person to go into medbay was, only to find out that someone had deleted the footage from that night and completely destroyed the recording software that was in the security station. For the first day, everyone felt unsafe. They knew someone had come into direct contact with the virus and that it was only going to morph their way of thinking until they would only be able to see red.

That night, they woke up to the reactor and O2 going off multiple times. Because of this, they started to take turns watching the security feed to find out who was setting them off. After that happened, not only did the reactor and O2 get set off even more, but the communication station also started to malfunction, knocking out the cameras altogether.

After one week, they discovered that two people had contracted the virus, but there was no way of knowing who exactly it was. However, when the two discovered that the others were close to finding out who they were, they started destroying the ship, taking turns sabotaging different parts of it. This made it impossible for them to do any more research on the virus samples that they did have, as they had to spend the following day fixing what the infected had destroyed.

Due to everyone's worry, tension on the ship had grown to the point where everyone was afraid to even be in a room with only two others. This had worried Jon as well, because not only was he afraid of all of his crewmates, who he thought of as his friends only weeks ago, but he was worried for his daughter. He had only brought her along because he thought that this mission was going to be safe and easy. All they had to do was find and bring back a couple of fossils! And since his ex had passed away on her last mission, he thought this would have been easier and cheaper than finding someone to watch over her for four months. Yet, here they were, stuck in a metal death machine, two of his friends infected with a deadly virus, and one friend calling him a murderer.

"Now," Marcel continued, snapping Jon back into reality. "Let's start off by asking the main question. Who died, and where was the body?"

"It was Evan," Jon answered, looking down at his hands. "I found him in the electrical station."

"More like you fucking killed him," Tyler growled, glaring daggers at Jon.

"I didn't fucking kill him, Tyler!"

"How'd you fucking do it, Jon!? There was a lot of blood in there that we have to fucking clean up now! I thought he was your fucking friend! What did he do to make you snap like that?! Or was it tiny and the virus made you think it was a big fucking deal!?"

"Hold up, hold up," Marcel yelled again, making them both shut up and look back at him. "We are not going to get anywhere with you two fighting like this, so this is what we are going to do. Tyler, I want you to tell your side of the story, and then after, Jon will tell his."