Hurtful Memories Of Love:Tu Yaad Aaya

Few weeks later

Arjun: But guys I should personally thank her,for saving my life.

Kunal: Bro,first of all you should thank Kiara'seyes for her tears saved your life.

Kiara smacked Kunal playfully and ran behind him. Arjun smiled seeing his younger siblings.

Kiara: Now save your life Pinochio

Arjun didn't really know what it was that drove him to look at the blinking lights in the sky so venerate-fully, he never really found out if it was because of their surreal nature or if it was of his own inability to look away from something that seemed so out of this world. He loved the sky, most of his family and friends knew he did but what they didn't know was that, he truly really loved the night sky and it's charming ethereal stars.

His mother used to say that stars were the souls of people long dead and now they are all up in the sky looking down on their loved ones, making sure that all of them are alright. He didn't really believe her, he didn't want to. How could something so outreaching could be connected to them? He would like to believe that theses stars were something else, something out of reach of humans, peoples. People dirty whatever they touch, he didn't want to associate stars with that. They would lose their charm, if he did.

He took a breath of fresh air, his lungs filling in and let it all out. He was feeling agitated today for some reason, he didn't know why but he was very much restless. He fidgeted with the grass for a bit but nothing was calming him down tonight. Not even his beloved stars. Something was bubbling in him for a few days, he was trying to repress it but it was not going away. He gave up on his stargazing with a anxious sigh and got up from the ground.

Hui mahhobat ki baat phir
Sata rahi hai yeh raat phir
Bhiga rahi hai in aakhon ko
Be-waqt ki yeh barsaat phir

'Should I call her? Should I wait for her to call me?' Big Question. 'It was just two days ago. What should I do? Should I ask her out? Its like we are in college again... Wondering whether I should approach a girl or not. But what do I even know about her? How has she been? What does she do?' Arjun paced up and down his living room with his phone in his hand. He just couldn't make up his mind.

Usually men don't have this anxiety before calling a girl, they just do it. But Arjun just didn't know.

"Arjun, please tell me your coming to office today!" Arjun's dad asked. "Dad, next week, 100% !" he replied. His dad shook his face and left. "I'm just going to do it!" he told himself as he called her.

Aa Gaya Kyun Labon Pe
Ye Naam Tera Bata

Tu Yaad Aya, Tu Yaad Aaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir
Jo Teri Baaton Ne Dil Dukhaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir

"Arjun,it's my engagement party next week.. please do come and grace my occasion" said Rhea curry as she fiddled her arms around Karan.

Kabhi Ye Saansein Thi Bas Tumhaari
Jo Ab Hai Zaaya Fizool Hai
Thi Khaab Jin Aankhon Mein Wafa Ke
Wahan Judayi Ki Dhool Hai

"Sure Rhea,I will definitely come to see you becoming Someone else's now. It would be then easier for me to move on from you" replied back Arjun playing with paperweight on his table.

That paperweight symbolised the weight which was there on his heart,since he chose Rhea over Shriya.

Guzar Gaya Tu Nahi Waha Hu
Jahan Tu Aaya Na Laut Kar
Na Phir Kisi Se Ye Dil Lagaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir

Tu Yaad Aya, Tu Yaad Aaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir
Jo Teri Baaton Ne Dil Dukhaya
Tu Yaad Aaya… Aaj Phir

Rhea left from his cabin leaving the invitation card on his table,making him recall all those beautiful and harsh memories which she gave him.

Mujhe Hawaye Suna Rahi Hain
Jo Baatein Hum Tum Bhula Gaye
Hai Aate Jaate Mujhe Bhigaate
Kyun Aaj Mausam Rula Gaye

Arjun came out of his office, swearing his eyes had welled up with fresh tears of love and betrayal.At the same time,clouds started confirming his pain as it started raining heavily.

Use Talaashun Jo Kho Gaya Hai
Kahan Milega Wo Humsafar
Jise Tha Maine Kabhi Bhulaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir

He recalled his friendship days with Shriya,her frolicking nature and her helping attitude. Her positivity towards life encouraged him a lot.

Tu Yaad Aya, Tu Yaad Aaya
Tu Yaad Aaya Hai Aaj Phir
Jo Teri Baaton Ne Dil Dukhaya
Tu Yaad Aaya… Aaj Phir

Ho Meri Jaan Yaad Aaya
Tu Yaad Aaya

Shriya returned her home from hospital after a long and tiring day.
She saw an invitation card lying on her table.

Karan Weds Rhea: Engaging for A Lifetime.

Her eyes were brimmed with tears recalling how brutally Karan decived her when she asked him to wait until she completes her studies. The two broken hearts had no idea what fate has written in their destinies.

The phone rang. He waited for her to answer the phone. He waited. He waited. It went to voice mail. He was confused whether he should leave a message or not. Then after a pause he said, "Hey, its me, I... um... just... just call back." 'I totally called too soon. I should have waited a few more days before calling. What would I tell her anyway? Will you go out with me? I am such a fool, made a complete ass of myself. Great going Goenka!' He shook his head and went to his room. He smiled thinking about her.

Flashback

It was December, their final year, senior prom had begun. Arjun had come alone. He had just had a bitter break-up with Myraa, a mean and arrogant girl, who took too much pride in her. Arjun roamed the halls with a mocktail looking for Karan. He was nowhere. His eyes suddenly fell on the girl sitting with a bunch of girls. She wore a silver short dress. Her eyes had a sparkle in them, most probably reflecting the lights and her dress. He wanted to go speak to her. Something about her attracted him. It was like she was an angel. Her hair was left open and she kept combing it with her fingers. She wore red lipstick and had a thick layer of eyeliner above her eyes. She looked gorgeous. He didn't realize how long he had been staring at her. One of her friends told her that some one was staring at her. Her eyes met his and it happened. He just knew that she was special. He smiled a little and looked away. He felt stupid. He had seen a girl for just a few minutes and he was already in love? What rubbish. He had thought. But it wasn't.

After a while, he found himself asking her for a dance. They danced and danced for god knows how many tracks. Both were having the time of their life. Arjun didn't even enjoy dancing but that day was different, he could dance all his life.

She talked to him about herself, asked her about him. Both of them were so different yet understood each other perfectly and there it began, the love which both couldn't get over.

Flashback Ends

(My dear readers,can you all guess who is that girl whom Arjun is thinking about?. Answer below in comments section)

Arjun smiled as he thought about their first meeting and frowned as he thought about the day they broke up. It was he who had done it. He had left her. How could he decide to go back now? This should be her decision now. Not his!.

And it's a wrap,do read,put votes and do comment inline.

Will Arjun and Shriya get a second chance in love?

Rate this chapter out of 10.

Any suggestions?

Next update after 50+ votes