Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*Eight months later*

Today is the day of the choosing ceremony. It's already been a year since I chose Dauntless, became the first jumper and got ranked first. The time has flew, and I've had the most amazing year with my handsome boyfriend, Tobias.

Tobias and I got to train the transfer initiates, while Zeke and Lynn have the dauntless born. We have all four been to several meetings with Max, to make some changes in the training program.

Shauna is eight and a half months into her pregnancy, her and Zeke are having a baby girl, she could be born any day now.

>>

The halls in the Dauntless compound are fully crowded since it's choosing day. Everyone are off their work, unless the instructors of course, and if they aren't in the Hub, they are walking around in the compound doing nothing.

Tobias wraps his arm around my shoulder, and presses his lips to my temple. When Zeke's voice can be heard from the roof, he pulls back and sticks both his hands in his pockets, looking up at the roof from where the initiates have to jump into the net.

We decided not to tell the initiates about our relationship, to keep their focus on the training and not us.

There's quiet for a few minutes until the first jumper hits the net.

It's a girl, and I gasp a little when I realize that she's wearing Abnegation grey clothes.

She lies still for a few moments, but then she lets out a small laugh and crawls to the edge of the net, where Tobias helps her down.

"What's your name?" Tobias asks in his instructor voice.

The girl looks at him for a few seconds, like she's scared of him, just like I was the first time I met him.

"I'm Aimee," she says and looks around at the dauntless standing around us.

"First jumper - Aimee!" Tobias announces by shouting loud enough for everyone to hear it.

The people around us cheer and Aimee blushes a little, Tobias lays a hand on her shoulder leading her away from the net, "welcome to Dauntless," I hear him say just as the next initiate hits the net.

Ten minutes later, all the new initiates are standing on the ground, there are fourteen dauntless born and eight transfers.

Tobias stands by my side as we both look over the initiates, "Dauntless born follow Zeke, transfers stay here," he says.

All the young people dressed in black, leave the crowd and follow Zeke and Lynn.

Left is three Candor, two Amity, two Erudite and one Abnegation.

Aimee - Abnegation

Nikita - Candor

Anya - Amity

Sebastian - Candor

Damon - Candor

Chester - Erudite

Kyle - Erudite

Rico - Amity

"My name is Four and this is Tris," Tobias says and lays a hand on my lower back for a brief second, I must struggle not to move myself closer to him.

"We will be your instructors during initiation," I say, a little surprised over my own voice, how serious and strict it sounds.

The initiates stare at us, their eyes makes me a little uncomfortable and nervous, but I ignore it. I need to act like an adult now, get used to not being the youngest one in the faction anymore.