Game 5- You Could Say That... But It Wasn't Mutual.

Oh My! Hello there! I guess it took time but well I still uploaded this! Gosh I've already edited the five chapters! I'm on full swing for the next one. Well I'm just inspired to write this story for now. I have a lot going on my mind but it just doesn't add up properly. This whole story has been planned out how I wish to finish this! Specially the ending! Oh My! I need to work on my cliffhangers. :> So I won't keep you waiting~! Here is Chapter 5! :))

Theme Song: Give Your Heart A Break

~

Game 5- You Could Say That... But It Wasn't Mutual.

I waited for him to say something but he just looked at his plate. I sighed and shifted at my seat. My mind is running wild as I think about this mystery girl. Who could she be? Do I know her? Does she study in Bermount High?

“So? What now? I’m waiting you know.” I said as I placed my elbow at the counter. I played with my spoon as I waited for him to speak. The silence was really unnerving. I want to stand and shout because it makes me restless. I could see that Jack was debating whether to tell me or not.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he looked at me. Either he was avoiding the question or stalling his answer. I rolled my eyes at him and decided to add a teasing tone into it.

“So who is this mystery girl? Come on spill it!” I teased. I nudged him playfully and looked at him. I heard him sigh as he ran his fingers through his silky black hair. He was really getting into my nerves. That’s why I hate being a curious cat. It sends me to the edge when I don’t know something. This is the moment when I could say, my mind wants to pop out from my skull.

“Can’t we just talk about something else?” He stared at his half-eaten curry as if it was the only thing he could see. I guess the topic makes him uncomfortable. Well, it makes me want to ask more. Specially, when I know that ‘it’ makes the oh-so-perfect Jack Miller

“No.” I said flatly. He looked at Amanda and asked her for two sodas. She nodded and went inside the kitchen. After several minutes she came out with three sodas.

“On me.” Amanda said as she threw one to Jack and the other to me. I could see Jack’s muscle flex through his black shirt. Amanda opened the last one she was holding and started to drink her orange soda. I opened mine and drank straight from the can.

It was strawberry flavored. I could taste the sweet yet sour flavor as it entered my mouth. I could feel the soda fizzle inside my mouth. I placed it into the counter and stood up. I was about to tell Jack to just forget it when he suddenly said something.

“Charlotte is a childhood friend of mine…” he started. I looked at him and I could see his eyes light up from her name. I guess she was someone special from the way he said it but there is certain sadness in his voice that made me wonder. What happened?

I faced him and showed him that I was there to listen to him. I don’t know what took over me but I held his hand and squeezed it so that he would know I was there. He looked at my hand and smiled.

"Alright, I'll tell you... Just don't get jealous baby..." he said teasingly. He was really good in avoiding the topic and easing his nerves. I rolled my eyes and shrugged. He took that as a yes and looked at Amanda. When she saw that Jack was looking at her she just laughed silently while waiting for the story of the century.

He squeezed my hand and started to talk.

“Well, her name is Charlotte Pierce and I have known her since forever.” He sighed and tried to look for words that could describe her. “She is beautiful, smart and nice. Well I could say she’s damn perfect.” He chuckled to himself. He told us different things about her and based on what he was saying, even I would say she’s perfect. I looked at Jack and saw that he was happy talking about Charlotte. He looked care-free and cute.