Chapter 2: Elizabeth Turner

I walk out of the plane and into the long hallway again, the only difference is that now I'm in England. With another person on my team. Matthew already knew everything I was planning to do, and after a day and a half, we've found our way to England.

I glance over at Matthew beside me, "Within a few days we'll have another person to help us. I have no doubt you'll love her."

Of course, I'm referring to Elizabeth Turner. She has dark skin with long black hair, an average height, with a muscular build. She's thirty-eight and before her person died, she had a power I hadn't heard of any other person having. The extra gift gave her powers to manipulate plant life and soil. It sounds stupid now, but I promise that if I can get her to have her powers again it's going to help. 

She lost her person nine days ago. Knight had followed her to her home and killed her boyfriend. They were supposed to get married in two months. From the Instagram posts, I saw she had a white dress picked out already. Knight didn't care though, she burned him alive in front of her.

Now Elizabeth's staying in a hotel in London.

We step out of the hallway and grab our luggage, but as we're turning away, I noticed a light-haired person turn the corner, his bright blue eyes catching mine.

We step into the taxi and I tell the driver to take us to the nearest Tesco.

"Where are we going?" Matthew speaks in a soft whisper but looks at me confused.

"We need guns and ammo, we don't know if Turner is going to pull a gun on us."

He nods, "Reasonable. I have to ask, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but who did Knight kill for you? I couldn't get into your mind far enough to fully know when I tried, you know before Knight killed my person."

I look back at him, "When I was fourteen Knight killed my whole family, she walked into my house and started a fire. I somehow made it out but my parents and brother didn't. Ever since then I've been tracking and planning to kill Knight. Or if anything I want to know what happened to her, how she went bad. "

He looks back at me, "Reasonable again, but know that once we kill Knight's person I'm going to kill her. I'm going to cause her all the pain she caused me and a little bit more."

I stare at him, "Go ahead, but first I'll need to talk to her."

He smiles, "Seems as though we are at an agreement."

After a long silence, we stop. We step out of the taxi and I lead Matthew into the store. We walk through the aisles and look around, finding the items we need. Again I pull out my gun license at the counter and pay for it, with Matthew following close behind me. I step out of the store and call another taxi. I notice Matthew looking around carefully, turning his head in fast movements as if analyzing a crowd. I put my phone down and turn to him, "What's up?"

He looks back at me, "I don't feel good about this place, I think someone might be following us."

As we start to walk down the sidewalk I look in the reflection of a store mirror. I notice a person wearing a black coat about 30 meters behind us, but it's not their clothing I immediately notice, it's their piercing blue eyes that catch my attention. That, and their light brown hair.

I look back at Matthew, "Someone is following us, they've been following me from the start. They are not verial though, they seem human. He's about 30 meters back, black coat, blue eyes, brown hair." Matthew turns around as well as I do, but when I turn around I see no black coat, no striking blue eyes, and no brown-haired man. All I see are the crowds of people entering in and out of the store. Matthew looks at me with wonder. I slowly shake my head at him and shrug.