Chapter 5: The Plane Ride

My dreams are filled with horror, the same type as always. 

Freezing cold water beneath my feet, starting to rise, getting higher and higher until I can no longer breathe. 

That feeling of no air in my lungs filling me up.

 The gasp I take as the water pours into my lungs. 

And then the water gets hotter, it slowly begins to boil, and although I cannot breathe, I still feel the water cooking my skin from the outside in. 

Then suddenly, the water is gone completely, replaced with fire. 

The fire consumes me, and just when I feel it starting to reach my core, it vanishes. 

Instead, it circles my dead family. I try my hardest to force the fire back, trying to control the wisping flames. 

For a second, almost every time, I think I am holding it back, but then the fire lurches back in. 

Once again I watch my family die, their shrieks echoing in my head. My brother yells for help. 

Just as their screams taper off, I always wake up with a jump.

I open my eyes and stretch out my arms, seeing the grey clock on the wall reading 5:59. I slowly get up off the bed and grab my bag. After dragging it into the standard white bathroom, I get dressed, changing into a pair of black worn-out jeans and a purple sports jacket. Once I throw my hair up into a bun, I jump into the shower, letting the cold water wash the dirt off of me. Upon getting out, I brush my hair, not loving the dead ends I feel between my fingers. I shake my head, scoffing at the idea that there would be any need for me to look presentable at all. Instead, I pull my hair up again and slick it back into a high ponytail. 

I step out and begin doing my morning exercises. Halfway through Turner wakes up and heads to the bathroom. I finish my workout as she gets out of the bathroom. Her hair up like mine, but in a bun. She's wearing dark bottoms and a black leather jacket. 

I nod at her as she walks out, "Want an egg?"

She looks up at me, "Sure, scrambled please."

I nod and get to work.

Once we've both eaten and are ready with our bags packed, we head out of the room and knock on Matthew's door. Matthew opens it and invites us into their room, which is an exact replica of ours. He looks at my hair, nods, then turns around to face Ian and glares. "Guess what asshole was up at the crack of 5:30."

Turner looks at me, "Greenberg was up at 6, but I'm not complaining."

Matthew looks at me, "Should've put them in one room and us in the other, except that although I think we'd be fine, they wouldn't be able to handle it."

Ian's eyebrows furrow as he looks at me, "What's that supposed to mean? I could handle it as long as she didn't suddenly fall in love with me and start stalking me or going through my stuff."

Matthew smacks Ian on the back of the head.

"Owwwwww, what was that for."

Matthew grins, "I meant that she would probably kill you."

Ian pales for a second, "Oh."

I smile at Matthew while looking down at the coffee mug in my hand, "See? You know me so well."

Turner coughs, ending the conversation quickly, "Shouldn't we be going?"

I nod, "Yeah, we have a flight to catch at 8:30 in 45 minutes, the airports just around the corner though."