Part 1 : Chapter 10

"Tenya." His eyes narrowed. A certain menacing aura oozed off Izuku as he stared at the male solemnly.

Iida was startled, to say the least, by the sudden change in Izuku and not to mention the full-attention-grabbing call of his first name. "Yes?" He answered hesitantly.

"In your opinion, what is a hero?"

Tenya blinked a few times. Is this some kind of trick question?  The engine-quirk user  wondered, but he was soon able to answer. "A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities," he recited.

The definition straight out of the dictionary, huh? Midoriya sweat-dropped, but Iida hadn't finished his answer.

"A hero is someone honorable and doesn't hesitate to help people! They are able to take charge in a bad situation and be able to rectify villains wrong doings!"

Izuku considered his words. The emerald eyed teen hummed thoughtlessly; simply due to him having his own thoughts figured out before their meeting begun. He had questions repetitively being asked without any real significance to it. He was never satisfied with just one person's answer to his questions after all.

"Then," Izuku raised an eyebrow never quite able to stop his amused smile, "is that the reason you want to be a hero? Or is it something else?"

"Indeed. It is part of the reason why I wish to be a hero, but what inspired me truly was my brother. You might have heard of him: Ingenium."

"Ah, yes! I know him. He was very popular," Izuku said, glancing to the side. He looked back at the Tenya and hummed again. "So you're part of a line of heroes in your family. You must be holding a lot of expectations."

"That is true," Iida paused, "But, I learned from an experience that it is not something that drives me to be a hero. What inspired me was my brother, not the compulsory of being in a family of heros. I want to be a hero like my older brother."

Midoriya's smile faltered with a twitch of  his lips. He rocked side to side, which made him look as if he were a penguin. Iida decided not to question it. "What kind of hero is your brother?" He asked.

Iida smiled proudly. "He is a likable hero who honors the rules and leads people!" The teen praised his older brother. That was the kind of hero Iida wanted to be and what he saw as a good hero. It was quite fitting in Izuku's eyes. Tenya Iida knew — and so did Midoriya —  he had a lot to learn and experience before he would fully accomplish his idealistic goal.

The green haired teen chuckled.

Tenya was never sure what the boy was thinking and the manner in which he carried himself was slightly unnerving. He really wondered how he would be able to perform in the hero-course. 

The taller male cleared his throat. Maybe I should elaborate on my growth in the hero-course. "Well, to me, the experience in U.A has helped me grow. Especially the internships. You mentioned that it is a heavy responsibility with the expectations on me. I have realized that it it is not about my family. I desire to be a hero."

"Furthermore-"

"Yes, yes. I understand." Izuku waved his hand in dismissal. He placed his hands on his hips, elbows akimbo. "Come on! You don't need to give me a speech! I've already learned something from you!"

Tenya's eyes widened and his cheeks showed hints of red, "Really? What have you learned from me?"

He couldn't believe it. He had actually gotten through to him? The playful villain that had been put into U.A listened to his words of advice? This was too good to be true!

"You're a fool!" The forest-green haired teen exclaimed sweetly.

Yeah, too good to be true. Iida slumped down, having a moment to sulk. That was too easily said in such a manner. This only lasted for a few seconds before he pulled himself together. He couldn't allow himself to be downcast if he wanted to be a hero! He cut through the air with his arm; the action resembled a robot.

"That is no way to be speaking, Mi-"

"Izuku," the said quirkless male corrected.

"I... I... Izuku."

"Tenya."

"Could you please stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Izuku tilted his head to the side. To add to his innocent act, he put his index finger on at the centre of his bottom lip. The villain averted eye contact and murmured, "Although, you did walk into that one."

"Gah!"

Even the composed Iida Tenya could not keep his cool when pitted against Izuku Midoriya. Another male watched their interaction. His face showed no trace of any emotions, but his eyes said everything. Does Iida not remember that boy?

He was there... The dual eyed teen remembered clearly that day they were fighting off Stain. Todoroki Shouto observed for a little while longer, until, he decided to leave the two to themselves.

Midoriya Izuku, just who are you?

Later that day, everyone had settled into their dorms. It wasn't long before everyone retired to their dorm-rooms. Unpacking and decorating their rooms had exhausted a lot of Class 1 A students and especially those who 'worked hard' to get their rooms the way they were. 

It became late, while most of the students were asleep, Izuku could only lay in bed with his own thoughts. His answer showed how naive he is. Being able to lead is a luxury quality and to be honorable is a choice heros rarely make.

Izuku mentally scoffed. If that's what a hero is to him, he shouldn't have bothered to try and convince me to take this seriously.

Besides, I'd rather have fun. Messing around with the characters here is much more entertaining.

As he thought about all the people he met, one particular person crossed his mind and lingered longer than he expected. Uraraka Ochako.

Izuku stared at the ceiling, breathing steadily.

"Pffffft-" He began laughing unexpectedly. Laughing so hard, tears threatened to make its way down his cheek. "I can't believe she actually apologized!" He managed to say as he rolled around in his bed.

On the other side of the room, a certain purple haired male laid on his own bed. His eyes were half open; Shinso stared blankly at the ceiling.

Someone please put me out of my misery.

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

↪ More art can be found on my instagram account '_re-ika_' and other video content can be found on my YT channel 're-ika'. 

p.s. don't worry I improved.