Chapter 6: Physical Therapy.

TORRES' POV:

We're at the hospital. It's been a week since the surgery and Ellie starts her physical therapy today.
"So, you're ready?" I asked.
"I don't really have a choice." She said.
"Hey." I said sitting next to her and taking her in my arms. "You're gonna be great. You'll do this." I continued kissing her forehead.
"Thank you Nick." She said resting her head on my shoulder while I played with her hair.
A nurse came in and took Eleanor for two hours so I went to the Navy Yard.
Gibbs allowed me to stay with her as long as we don't have a case.

"Hi McGee!"
"Hi Nick! What are you doing here?"
"Bishop's doing physical therapy so I came."
"How is she holding up?" Asked Gibbs coming behind me.
"Uh- she's scared. But she's gonna fight to recover."
"Okay, well you have paper work if you want."
"Okay."
I worked for an hour or so and went back to the hospital.

Ellie was in her room but I had a bad feeling.
"El.? You okay?"
"It hurts." She said with a shaking voice as if she was crying.
"What hurts babe?"
"It was so hard. I had to breathe very hard. I feel like I'm not gonna be able to work or do anything again."
"Hey... I'm sure you did great you have to keep fighting!"
"And I will, I promise."
I kissed her forehead and we talked.

For 2 months she was doing her program and staying at the hospital. Some days were harder than the other but she didn't show it. She talked with Sloane regulary for her mental health.
We then learned that something was leaking in her appartement and since she inhale it, it destroyed her lungs.