The 3rd Day - Three Bad Jokes

Lucifer, Chloe, and Trixie lugged all of their bags from the elevator into the penthouse after work and school that day. Chloe's idea of getting Lucifer back for the mistletoe stunt yesterday (and Trixie just really wanted to do this) was to decorate Lucifer's penthouse for the holidays. He really did not want to, but when the detective and her offspring bothered him all day about it, he gave in so that they would stop pestering him. His only exception was that he had to give the final okay on every decoration they bought, as he didn't want anything that was overly cheesy. 

The girls were very excited and set to work right away. Trixie decided that they should put up the Christmas tree first, getting that out of the way before they messed with the rest of the room. 

Unfortunately, they had to wait for a few Lux staff members to bring it up. 

While fake Christmas trees you buy once and can assemble for several years are easier to care for and much more convenient, Lucifer insisted on buying a real Christmas tree. He said that if he's going to do this, he's going to do it right, and quote, "I won't stand to have any imposter Christmas trees in my home, thank you very much!"

Lucifer purchased the tallest and fullest tree he could find in the lot, which unfortunately, did not fit in the elevator. Hence, the waiting for the poor Lux employees who were currently lugging that giant up the staircase to the topmost floor. 

While they waited for the tree, Trixie began sifting through their various bags to find the lights and starter ornaments for the tree. They only bought a few bulbs to match the color scheme of the penthouse (black and gold with a few red ones). Trixie wanted him to buy the gaudiest multi-colored lights the store had to give his tree more personality, but Lucifer was appalled by the notion. First, doing so would be more of the urchin's style, not his. Secondly the yellow-white lights were more tasteful and better matched his décor. 

Chloe decided to start helping Lucifer find spaces for the rest of the decorations they bought while Trixie was busy preparing for the tree to be brought up. 

Lucifer strode over to his fireplace, placed an extra log in it, and turned on the gas flame. A large, roaring fire sprang to life and bathed the room in warmth and light. Next, he hooked his phone up to the Bluetooth sound system and found a Christmas Classics playlist. 

He recognized the slightly grandfatherish style in Johnny Mathis's voice right away as his version of It's Begging to Look a lot Like Christmas came on first. 

Lucifer turned back to the detective with a smirk. He saw the small smile on her face as she analyzing the tops of his walls.

"Right, my naughty little elves, let's get to work, shall we?" Lucifer exclaimed as he clapped his hands and rubbed them together in anticipation. 

Chloe hummed and replied, "I don't think that means what you think it does?"

Lucifer scoffed slightly and replied, "What? You think I'd hire Nice-List elves to decorate my penthouse?"

Chloe rolled her eyes while Trixie called from the other side of the room, "I thought it was very punny."

Chloe groaned with a smile as she buried her face in one hand, but Lucifer beamed and replied, "Thank you, spawn! I'm glad someone appreciates my humor."

As Trixie continued to sort the tree decorations, Chloe and Lucifer set to stringing lights around the penthouse. They bought at least fifteen boxes, probably more, of yellow-white light strands of one hundred bulbs each. 

Chloe had the idea to string lights just under the ceiling of the penthouse, combine some with garland in some places, and even wrap lights around the railing on the balcony.