part four

L

"Fuck," Eleanor groaned on the other end of the line, her voice raspy and shot. "I'm so fucking hungover, Lou. I feel like ripping my head off. Every part of me hurts and I found a bruise on my thigh. Like, shit, I don't even remember getting it."

Louis chuckled, letting the phone sit between his shoulder and ear while trying to hold his books and carry his thermos full of tea that he brought from home. It was hard to multitask while walking at the same time, but so far so good. "That bloody sucks. Did you have a good time last night at least?"

"I mean, yeah. I guess. Max was quite interested in you and me."

"Oh, right. Your little act last night was really amusing. I almost thought you were trying to pull me, too."

"Ha-ha," Eleanor fake laughed, despite there being an amused tone to her voice. "Right, as if. Your arse would be the last arse I'd pull ever and it's only because I've seen you in your diaper days and it wasn't pretty."

"I resent that," Louis said, affronted. "I was a stud back then. You were the one that was always spitting up."

"Yeah, and you won't let me forget it, you dickwad. Anyways, like I was saying, Max fell for it. He kept looking over and he even texted me this morning."

"Oh, did he?" Louis asked, letting his voice rise in curiosity. "What's he said then?"

"Just hi and what I'm up to."

"Riveting man. Full of deep, intricate thoughts."

"Fuck you. He's hot."

"And that's all that matters," Louis said sarcastically. "So, text him back. Keep this going."

"Planning on it," Eleanor replied. "Just have to get out of bed and properly wake up. Don't want to say anything stupid. Where you headed then? I assume you're out."

"I'm on campus," Louis replied, stopping in front of a bench that was beside the library doors and putting his books down. "Harry and I are going to study together. He's found a spot in the library."

Eleanor gagged at that, sounding absolutely disgusted. "Why in God's name are the two of you at school on a Sunday afternoon the day after a party? You should be at home, procrastinating while drinking coffee and trying to nurse your hangovers."

"Speak for yourself. I was smart as fuck last night and Harry didn't seem to drink much, either. Besides, he didn't ask me to come. I sort of invited myself. I asked what he was doing and he told me he had some assignments to finish and I thought why not go with him? I could get work done and possibly make a move. Couldn't do it last night with you all over me now could I?"

Eleanor laughed, obnoxiously. "Oops." She paused for a moment and Louis heard some sheets ruffling on the other end; she was probably only just getting out of bed. "In all honesty, though, I really like Harry. He's chill and also very cute."

"More than cute. He's perfect."

"Relax, Romeo. First, get your boy and then praise him to the ends of the earth. Go make a move for now. Make out between the bookshelves or something. Blow him under the table."

"You are filthy," Louis remarked, although her suggestions didn't seem so far off from what he wanted to do. "We're just going to be studying. I need to figure out if he likes me or not because so far, it hasn't looked so good. Last night, I had asked him to dance and he denied me. It was so awkward. Thank God you were there to save me."

"It's what I'm here for. Plus, I'm sure he does fancy you," Eleanor said. Louis could hear tap water running in the background, which meant she was up and functioning. "He'd be mad not to."