11-20

Chapter 11 - Clear Stream Restaurant

Swish! Swish!

Sword light flowed out like a stream, and the fierce and sharp sword qi flew out in a spray that spattered towards the surroundings, emitting strands of sharp whistling sounds as it rent the air.

Chen Hao held a sword in his left hand, his small face filled with a steadfast expression and a gaze as calm as still water. His thin and small figure was enclosed within dense sword silhouettes; the Minor Skystar Sword Technique that he’d learnt from the Skystar Institution was executed by him with precise and skilful moves that fluttered about agilely. His movements were smooth and natural as he dripped with sweat and executed the technique to his heart’s content.

Chen Xi’s expression was in an endless trance as he looked at his younger brother, as if he’d returned to 5 years ago.

At that time, he too was steadfast and persistent like this, infatuated with the cultivation of his swordsmanship, as every move of the sword technique was repeatedly trained by him millions upon millions of times without the slightest feeling of disinterest or exhaustion.

Every time this moment occurred, his grandfather would stand at the side without saying a word and only looked at him with a smile, his wrinkled face filled with gratification.

Grandfather’s mood at that time was probably the same as mine now?

Chen Xi’s mood was complicated and difficult to put into words as he gazed at this younger brother’s figure that practiced his swordsmanship under the sunlight.

“Good! Your sword technique has already reached the advanced-stage. What’s rare is because he’s wielding the sword with the left hand, the sword moves have a trace of both unpredictability and diversity. With a little bit of tempering, he’d definitely become an outstanding talent!”

Meng Kong clapped as he praised highly, and a rare trace of admiration was revealed on his firm expression.

If one were to say that Meng Kong only decided to test Chen Hao out of fear of hurting Bai Wanqing’s feelings, then now his heart was in admiration of the thin and weak youth who wielded a sword in his left hand.

He saw the staunchness and persistence towards the sword in Chen Hao, the most basic quality to become a qualified sword cultivator. Especially since Chen Hao was only 12 now, and yet he was still able to attain the advanced-stage in his sword technique. With time, such extraordinary talent was bound to journey further on the path of the Dao of the sword!

Bai Wanqing secretly heaved a sigh of relief. As she gazed at Chen Hao, she felt a sense of honour because of him. She knew how harsh Meng Kong’s conditions were for disciple selections, and being able to receive generous praise from him was enough for Chen Hao to be proud of!

Chen Xi kept silent as they walked out of the Pine Mist Institution.

He was naturally extremely happy that his younger brother had become the disciple of Instructor Meng Kong and a member of the Pine Mist Institution as expected. However, he felt a slight headache when he thought of how the Pine Mist Institutions yearly tuition fee was 4,000 spirit stones.

Even if he were to not eat nor drink, he would probably be unable to pay the tuition by merely relying upon talisman crafting. Looks like I must look for another path to earn spirit stones.

“You should be happy. The Pine Mist Institution isn’t a place anyone can enter, and there might not even be 1 in 1,000 that are able to become the disciple of Instructor Meng. Chen Hao will be able to tap into even more latent potential when training his swordsmanship with Instructor Meng, and it’s extremely beneficial for his future path as a sword cultivator.”