261-280

Chapter 261 – The Netherworld Emperor

According to what Ling Bai said, the intrinsic nature of the Sickle of Slaughter was actually a rare main material to refine an Immortal Artifact, and it contained pure Slaughter Dao Insight within it, so ordinary cultivators were even capable of forming a Slaughter Dao Territory when relying on the vast energy contained within the Sickle of Slaughter, causing it to be extremely miraculous.

For example, when Ling Bai went against Huangfu Chongming and the others, he’d drawn support from the Sickle of Slaughter to condense a Slaughter Dao Territory, thus allowing him to pin down Huangfu Chongming and the others for a short moment and win time for Chen Xi.

According to Chen Xi’s thoughts, since the Talisman Armament he wanted to refine was said to possess boundless growth space. Then the choice of its sword base must use the most superb equipment refinement material, and the Sickle of Slaughter undoubtedly possessed this qualification.

But he still had the ask Ji Yu’s opinion.

A Sickle of Slaughter?

Ji Yu was slightly stunned as he asked for the Sickle of Slaughter from Chen Xi’s possession. After he looked at it for a short moment, a trace of astonishment suffused his eyes as he said in surprise, “It’s indeed a material for refining an Immortal Artifact. Moreover, it’s the most superb type. This thing actually contains and emits extremely pure Slaughter Dao Insight, and it seems as if it emerged from the quintessence of the heavens and the earth. Obviously, it’s a priceless treasure of the heavens and the earth and is extremely rare in the world. Where did you obtain it?”

Chen Xi explained the origins of the Sickle of Slaughter before raising his hands in a shrug and saying, “I want to know it’s origins as well. But unfortunately, its owner, Han Guyue, has already been killed by me, and I’m afraid I’m unable to find any clues about it anymore.”

Ji Yu ridiculed. “I never noticed that you’ve started to kill and seize treasures as well.”

Chen Xi felt ashamed in his heart, yet he said with a serious expression, “The treasures of the heavens and the earth are obtained by those who are fated. Not to mention Han Guyue wished to kill me, so I have to resist, right?”

Ji Yu smiled and didn’t continue discussing this, and then he sized up the Sickle of Slaughter once more before asking suddenly. “Did you comprehend the Slaughter Dao Insight?”

Chen Xi shook his head.

“With Slaughter as the sword base, and each of the five Divine Talismans assuming command in one area, the might of the Talisman Armament refined from them would indeed be not bad. But your current strength is incapable of refining an immortal material like this. The slightest carelessness might cause the Slaughter Dao Insight to leak out, and it would be troublesome. Nevermind, I’ll lend you a hand.” As he spoke, a wisp of golden divine light with cloud patterns had suddenly appeared on Ji Yu’s right hand, and talisman markings gushed about and flickered within as a wave of Daoist chanting resounded out. When looked at from afar, it was as if a god within the clouds had stuck out a large hand that contained countless Dao markings, and the surface of the Sickle of Slaughter was instantly covered in a layer of raging and burning golden divine light.

Chen Xi’s pupils constricted abruptly, and he clearly saw the Sickle of Slaughter starting to melt and become numerous exceedingly pitch black and flawless pearls of water that were like black colored precious pearls.

“Condense!” Ji Yu’s right hand grabbed out at the space before him, and then those black colored pearls of water joined one by one into a string before moving line by line to draw out the appearance of a sword base.