Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

He’s still watching

We kissed for what felt like hours, I finally broke away and looked at him breathless, “Mr. Spencer you have no idea the effect you have on me,” I smiled taking his hand and leading him into the TV room.

"I think I can imagine, Miss Clark,” He tugged on my arm spinning me around and claimed my mouth with his. He lead me to the couch and lay me down, his weight crushing me into the soft cushions, but I didn’t care I wanted him closer, I wanted more of him.

“We should stop,” Caleb moaned dragging himself off of me and into a sitting position, “Now is not the time.”

“Why not?” I whined looking up at him pleadingly, my body was on fire and calling for his touch.

“Because it’s been an emotional 24 hours and I don’t want our first time to be on the tail wind of your friends…. Tragedy,” he explained looking around the room uncomfortably, “And besides your dad could walk in on us.”

“Mason doesn’t live here…. But you’re right it has been a rough 24 hours, we shouldn’t rush this…. I want it to be special,” I winced thinking back over the last day and a half, starting with the strange note and finishing with Ally in the hospital.

“How come?” he asked tilting his head to the side, “I’ve never seen anyone else come in or out of this place?”

“That would be because I’m the only one who lives here,” I laughed uncomfortably, I’d never told anyone about my home situation except for Ally and it felt weird telling him now but I trusted him…. And he’d figure it out himself eventually.

“How is that possible? How can you afford a place like this on your own? You’re still in high school,” He stood up and looked around the room astonished that I was living here.

“Well my mom is ridiculously rich,” I told him, hoping I could avoid the whole telling him who she actually was part of all this. “She pays for everything and sends me an allowance every two weeks.”

“What does she do?”

“She’s… An actress,” I said lamely failing to come up with a good lie.

“She must be a highly paid actress… I mean if she can afford this,” he gestured around the room, “I mean seriously.”

“Her name Amelia Lockhart,” I blurted not looking at him.

“The Amelia Lockhart?” Caleb gasped, “As in multi award winning actress, Amelia Lockhart.”

“One and the same,”

“I just brought my sister to see her new film, Love is a Fairytale,” suddenly his expression changed from impressed to confused, “Why are you here and she’s out there? You must have been what 12 when she hit the big time?”

“13 actually,” I said sitting up straight, placing my head in my hands.

“Then why did she leave you here?” he asked, sitting back down beside me and sliding an arm around me.

“It wasn’t good for her image to have a 13 year old daughter at just 27; she was still with Mason so she left me with him and came home at the weekends,”

"She had you when she was 15?”

“Yea, I don’t know who my biological father is but apparently he was an older guy that she’d had a summer fling with, but when he found out she was pregnant he ran….. Didn’t want to go to prison,” I smiled thinking of the way mom use to tell the story when I was a kid, it was romantic and funny, she never held any bad feelings for him. “She understood, she use to tell me that if she was in his shoes, she probably would have done the same thing.”