Chapter 15 - To Be So Lonely

AN: All these lyrics are made from a song generator. But imagine they're in the style of their solo careers, so for Niall's, think to 'Flicker'. For Liam, think of 'For you'. For example)
Love, P.

Niall's POV (A month later, only 1 concert left, in Sydney)

"So come on close your eyes and see
The only one in this whole
Distance, oh yeah
And I realized, I gotta hold back

Left when I was deep in trouble
Just needed something someone to lean on

Sometimes, oh, my heart feels like it pounds
If I just hold on, if I just hold on
My words burn inside, they get in the way
How can I cover up, mask the hurt?

You know I find another attitude, every time
You turn me on you light my fuse
Books read on the job
For thinking, for standing, for writing

Come on baby, baby, come on baby

Sometimes, oh, my heart feels like it pounds
If I just hold on, if I just hold on
My words burn inside, they get in the way
How can I cover up, mask the hurt?

Like us on one another

Sometimes, oh, my heart feels like it pounds
If I just hold on, if I just hold on
My words burn inside, they get in the way
How can I cover up, mask the hurt?"

"Well done, Niall. Perfect, one take. A lot of raw emotion. I need you to stay behind, alright? Don't leave the room just yet. Liam, you're up." Stuart said sternly and he couldn't say no to the boss. Sighing, he took out his journal from his bag and leant on the nearest surface, which was a piano and started to draw. Usually,he didn't take up drawing. But recently it's helped calm him. Distract him.

"What if you could ask me how I feel?
From another and I might turn blue
Or I might sound blue
It was blue colours in your eyes

First time I ever seen anything blue
It was under my sink

But in my heart I see a blue sky
See a blue sky
See a blue sky
Even though the sun is in the blue sky

If someone should ask you then you would know
Who made all the sky shine so blue
Cities of brown
Cities of brown turning red
Until the skies are blue
Take a step outside your door

But in my heart I see a blue sky
See a blue sky
See a blue sky
Even though the sun is in the blue sky

I wanna live in a dream
A deep blue sky with no hurricane

But in my heart I see a blue sky
See a blue sky
See a blue sky
Even though the sun is in the blue sky"

Niall hadn't heard Liam sing in weeks. He had always disappeared before hearing the others. This was a new song that was added to the album. It made his heart ache. He wasn't numb anymore. He... He wanted to go. To run away. Could he run away from his problems forever? Yes. Would they catch up to him eventually? Yes.

"Is that how you're feeling, Niall?" He heard Louis question and Niall frowned, confused. When he looked at Louis, he found him staring at the drawing. He sighed deeply. He had drawn his reflection inside a tear drop that was landing in the ocean.

Of course he had.

"It doesn't matter." Niall said a little too harshly. Louis didn't flinch, instead, he took a picture, ignoring Niall's questioning stare. "I'm showing Haz." Was all Louis said.

Niall couldn't question him as Stuart asked for their attention. Zayn had already sung first and Louis's songs were done last week.

"We're going to sing some of the songs live and announce the album tomorrow. We need you to post on Instagram etc. None of you have told Harry?" They shook their heads.

Harry...

Niall closed his eyes. He couldn't let the others see emotion. They would think there was hope.

"Niall?" He heard someone say his name and he opened his eyes and glared at whoever it was. Unfortunately, it was Liam. Who looked very hurt in those gorgeous eyes of his. The eyes he fell in love with.

"There was an article the other day, Niall. About you falling down a rabbit hole." Stuart got his attention and Niall frowned, not getting the metaphor, he then said, "I don't remember falling anywhere."

He heard Louis snigger and he glanced at Liam who was smiling ever so slightly. Zayn hadn't said anything but there was a smirk. It took a few moments and his mouth shaped into an 'oh' shape. "Right. And?"

"It's had over a million views and retweets, as well as screenshots. It commented on your tattoo towards the end. Hiding scars." Niall flinched. "We can delete it, but..."

"People have already seen it. Deleting it would only confirm their assumptions." Niall spoke and he was aware that all eyes in the room were on him.

"I have an idea." Louis said through the silence. Niall rolled his eyes. "Yay, we're saved." He said voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Shut it, you idiot." Louis finally snapped at him. "You're not going to succeed in pushing us away. Harry won't let you do that." He snarled and Niall, unfortunately, couldn't hide his emotions this time at the mention of Harry's name. Louis saw and smirked. "You still care. So shut up and listen to me."

For once, Niall did as Louis told him to, eyes glued to a spot on the floor.

"Thank you. So, Niall. You need to post that drawing to Instagram. With your song title. Do it as a two in one post. The drawing and album cover." Louis said. Niall was actually thinking about it. Light my fuse could work with that drawing. Not that he'd ever admit to that out loud. 

"It'll get people talking. Then, if you are done with your bad boy Niall phrase, as your fans are calling you, you can slowly ease back to your old self." Louis finished. Eyes were on him again.

The thing was. He wasn't feeling numb anymore. All he had to do was look at Liam and his problems, his numbness, it all went away just for a few seconds. Could he show that again? Even if it was only for a few months to make the fans and most importantly, Harry happy? Even if he wasn't happy himself.... He could even ask Liam to be his boyfriend... Like he was going to before... He doubted Liam would even trust him again after the pain he put him through.

He took a glance towards Liam, who was already looking at him, eyes deep in concern and care. Along with another emotion he couldn't quite place. Niall moved his hand to Liam's necklace that he had got him a few months prior. He still wore it everyday. He glanced to Louis and nodded once before grabbing his drawing, placing it in his bag quickly and leaving the room without another word.

He was pretty sure he heard someone say "Progress". He was pretty sure it was Louis.

Think I'm getting to the last few chapters, but maybe not! Love, P