Twenty-four

Summer"We are very excited that you decided to join us to share your story

Summer
"We are very excited that you decided to join us to share your story. So getting straight into it, how did you meet your ex?"

"We met when i was 17 he was probably 20. I was working at forever 21, he asked me for help shopping. After that i kept running into him and he asked for my number. I gave him my snapchat but once i turned 18 i gave him my number and we started dating. At first everything was good. I fell for him quick. Within months he had me quit my job which my parents didn't like."

"Did he have a reason for telling you to quit?"

"After he found out i could sing he told me i should focus on singing which i didn't want to do. I never wanted to be a full time singer. But he moved me into my own apartment and paid my bills. I let my younger sister move in because we we're close. At some point Jonathan became abusive, verbally first, then physical. I never told anyone but my sister knew since she was there."

"So what kind of ways was he abusive and why haven't you really spoken on it?"

"I don't really speak about it because i guess he's doing his music thing now, i wasn't trying to be bitter i guess. I just wanted to forget about it. I've mentioned that he was abusive but since he obviously doesn't care about my business or throwing dirt on my character im just gonna say whatever i feel. He was abusive up to the day i left him. He's pushed me headfirst into the corner of mu dresser, choked me to the point of almost passing out. If i didn't do what he wanted when he wanted he would put his hands on me. He used to body shame me to the point where i wouldn't even eat. It got to a point where i felt like he didn't even like me, he just stayed with me because of the voice i had. He knew i would get somewhere.."

"So while all this abuse was going on was this before or after you found out you were pregnant?"

"Both." I said "Actually right before i found out it had gotten really bad. We had just left the studio and He got upset because i told him i didn't want to do music full time like he was pushing me to. He screamed at me, called me out my name and put me out the car and took my phone and wallet. I had no clue where i was and it was cold. I just sat on the side of the road and cried thinking he would come back but instead London pulled up. He insisted i get in the car and he took me home. He said he had sent me a few dms trying to work with me but i hadn't answered. When i got home Jonathan was upset that i got home so soon,i lied and said i walked and this is something that nobody besides my sister knows, he slapped me so hard i fell to the ground. He said i smelled like a man. And that's when he pushed me into the dresser." I said as a few tears fell "i screamed and my sister ran in pulling him off me."

I took a deep breath before continuing"Sorry this is starting to be hard for me.." I admitted

"Take your time.."

"Um so a few days later i got in the studio with London and we made girls need love. Um, London actually kissed me that night so i kinda ghosted him for a few days because for some reason i liked it but i knew it wasn't right.."

"Whatttt?".

"Yea, nobody knows that. But that was the only time it happened, we started working together more and one day i go home after a stuido session to find Jonathan with my sister bent over my counter fucking her. I kicked her out immediately. I told him i was pregnant that same day. He did what he always did and talked his way into my pants but a few days after i told him i needed space for a few days. That lasted 2 weeks. He somehow convinced me that him sleeping with my sister made me stronger."

"Wait, your spilling tea nobody expected."

I nodded " The final straws in that relationship was he finally took me to see my parents. It was actually just me him and my mom. My sister had my dad on her side, he was mad i put her out and so he didn't even want to see me but he did. Him and Winter came home too early and we ended up fighting while i was pregnant. After that me and Jonathan argued like three a week, me and my best friend fell out, i didn't speak to both my parents or my sister."

"I bet that was tough, you kinda felt like you had nobody?"

"Yes. I felt so drained. I ended up going to London's house. He let me vent to him. I honestly tried to make a move on him but he didn't let me which im glad for. It wasn't the right way. He ordered me food and gave me advice. I spent the night and the next day we went out. I didn't think anything of it besides two friends hanging out. People took pictures of us and the shaderoom posted it. When i got home Jonathan was pissed. He choked me again to the point where i was almost passing out. I called London once he left and he came and got me. We've lived together since. That's when Jonathan began throwing dirt on my name and ge got with my sister.."

She shook her head "Well we are happy to hear that you are in a much better position now."

"I am. Me and London originally decided to take it slow because i didn't want people to say i moved on fast but in reality he moved on immediately. I had to start thinking about myself. I knew i loved London so we got together. I know he loves me because not only does he treat me amazingly but He loves my daughter and he has from day one. He's stood up for me even from my parents. Our relationship wasnt something we planned on hiding for long i was just waiting to put out my album Over it."

"Girl the internet is loving your album which by the way dropped yesterday." She said to the camera "So share with us the making of over it."

"I honestly took all my emotions and put them in my music. I speak better through my music than out loud. I put alot of thought into it, i wanted it to be perfect. It's like a story to me. I titled it over it because thats how im feeling about everything If it's not about my daughter, my man, or my bag im over it"

"And what's your favorite song on that album?"

"Honestly im stuck between Anna mae, Drunk Dialling (LODT), and of course over it." I smiled