Chapter 6

Uzume was nervous, which was a perfectly understandable state of affairs all things considered. It wasn't every day that a girl walked into a potential trap set by a known pervert after all.

That being said, she was also hopeful that things would turn out for the best. While the horned blond had something of a mixed reputation, he seemed to genuinely want to help the Sekirei in his own odd way. At least on the surface of it.

She'd made the decision to take the bait because she did not trust Higa in the slightest. Chiho's condition was serious and supposedly incurable, but after some consideration she had to bitterly conclude that he wouldn't have allowed her to be treated even if it were possible, because then he wouldn't be able to blackmail Uzume anymore.

She sincerely hoped that she wasn't just switching blackmailers.

Finding him hadn't been hard at all, it wasn't as if the man was concerned with keeping a low profile after all. Taking one last deep breath to settle her nerves, she knocked on the door.

She wasn't overly surprised that the door was opened by a Sekirei, though this one was a bit of an oddity due to the mark on her forehead. She had only a passing acquaintance with Akitsu, as they had been kept in different areas of the MBI labs, so she didn't really know what to expect of her.

"Ah….hello."

"Hi."

Awkward silence.

"Is Uzumaki Naruto-san in?"

"….no."

More awkward silence.

Uzume was starting to get unnerved by the emotionless stare that the other Sekirei was giving her, not to mention stilted 'conversation'.

"Oi Akitsu, who is it?" A female voice that was vaguely familiar to Uzume called from further within the penthouse.

"Uzume-san." Akitsu replied in a much more quiet voice.

"What?" The same voice hollered, clearly not having heard.

Akitsu fidgeted, clearly unwilling to raise her voice to the level needed to make herself heard. Fortunately for the conflicted Sekirei, another person spoke up.

"Stop yelling Haihane, if you want to know who it is then go look yourself." It was also a female voice, beautiful and melodius despite the authority in it.

The knowledge that Haihane was just one room over made Uzume even more uncomfortable. She knew, intellectually, that the Blue Sekirei wasn't part of the Disciplinary Squad anymore, but that was the only way that she'd ever been able to see her. It made her consider just giving the whole thing up as a bad idea and leaving.

"But I'm in the middle of a game." Haihane protested.

"Then pause it."

"I can't pause an online game!"

"Then pause reality."

Uzume could almost hear the deadpan expression that Haihane had to be making.

"Not everyone is a god of practically unlimited power." The tone of Haihane's voice was very, very dry.

"Indeed." There was so much self-satisfied smugness in that one word that it irritated even Uzume, who really had nothing to do with that situation.

"Would it kill you to stop mocking everyone around you?" Haihane spoke in a tone of consternation.

"No, but it would lessen my amusement."