Chapter One

Being tired sucks. Specially when you're tired in the hardest class taught by the hardest teacher in Royale Private School.

     I just couldn't stand the urge to sleep... So, that's exactly what I did.

     It felt like I was sleeping for barely a minute before I heard Mr.Sheppard shout my name from across the room. How the bloody hell could he see me snoozing when my seat is at the back of the class? I lurched my head off my desk and blinked rapidly in an attempt to wake my eyes up. Thankfully, it worked well enough for me to pay attention to what he was saying.

     "Please Mr.Gates. Indulge me with your attention." He purred.

     I cleared my throat and nodded tiredly.

     Mr.Sheppard's eyes narrowed slightly and his voice became more demanding,"Can I get a yes sir?"

     I straightened up and said as politely as I could,"Yes sir. Sorry sir."

     He crossed his arms as he leaned against the whiteboard. I could tell he was thinking about what he should do with me. As he stared at he, I glanced around the room just to find people either looking at me or him. Some had smiles on there faces, others looked scared for me. I was confused by the scared looking ones. He's a teacher, he can't hurt me or anything!

     Can he?

     "Lachlan."

     I instantly diverted my attention back to Mr.Sheppard who had a smirk on his face. "Yes sir?"

     "Go to the principals office. I'm a little tired of your constant falling asleep during my lessons. You may be the Quarterback of the Crowns and beloved by all the students here, but you are still obligated to learn a thing or two." He sounded so serious it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was so unlike him to be so in command. I mean, yeah, he was the hardest teacher here, but he was usually so calm and laid back. Than again, i'm not acting like myself lately either...Ever since I met Samantha Manning on that new site called "MeetMe" i've been lacking in school and even my social life. It's so weird what one girl can do to a guy.

     Mr.Sheppard hands me a hallpass en route to the Devil himself. I look at him and he mutters sternly,"I will not tolerate this lack of attention any longer, Lachlan."

     I gulped feverishly and said quitely,"But sir, I promise i'll do-"

     He held a finger up and pointed at the door. "I don't care what you promise to do because in all honesty, you shouldn't even need to be in this situation. Now go! I'm not walking you there, this isn't 1st grade."

     I sighed and headed for the door, looking back at the witnesses to my death. Some were quietly whispering with their mates, some were covering up their laughing with their hands, some were just staring blankly at Mr.Sheppard and me. But most looked sorry for me. And for good reason too. Mr.Royale was the meanest principal on the face of the Earth, and we all knew it.

     When my feet were outside of that classroom and the door was shut, I knew I was screwed.

     It was all that dumb websites fault for suggesting Samantha as a mate. Because ever since I added her and sent her a Instant Message, we've been talking non stop! It's been getting in the way of my school work and making my social ranking become smaller and smaller by the day at school and on my other social networking sites.

     As I made my upstairs to the first floor, I felt a buzz in my front pocket. I looked around for any sign of a teacher or student and walked into the boys bathroom.