•three•

As if the universe knew I was finally calm, I heard yelling from the garage. My heart pounded against my chest as I sprung up out of my bed. Flinging my curtains open, I saw Alex and Reggie holding Luke back while Bobby was standing with his arms crossed against his chest.

Storming down the stairs, I rushed outside to the garage. When they came into view, I saw Luke break loose from their grasp and swing. His fist makes contact with Bobby's jaw. "Luke! Quit!" I tried to pull Luke off of Bobby.

Alex pulls me away from the boys fighting. "Let go of me!" I tried to break out of my brother's grasp. "I don't want you getting hurt." My brother tries to keep me contained. "Luke would never hurt me!" I fought against him. "Not him." Alex pulls me back as Reggie and Jordan pull Luke off of Bobby. Alex seemed...out of it.

"If you ever touch her again, I will kill you." Luke had yet to realize I was there. "Let go of me!" I pulled out of Alex's grasp and rushed over to Luke. Taking his face into my hands, I examined his face to make sure he was okay.

His fists were in balls by his side. His whole body was tense. His face was a little swollen, the only thing that was bleeding was his knuckles and small cuts on his face, including his lip.

Once I was sure he was okay, I pushed away from him. "Why would you do that?" I exclaimed. "I had to do something! He was making you uncomfortable!" Luke defends. "Why couldn't you just talk to him?" I sighed, gently grabbing his hands to examine them. Luke had nothing to say, so I moved on.

"Let's get you cleaned up." I sighed as I watched Bobby leave. "Let's get something to eat, shall we?" Alex tries to lighten the mood by inviting them inside. Gently pulling Luke behind me, I lead everyone inside.

As we approached the bathroom, I pulled Luke inside before shutting the door behind us. Pushing him so he was sitting on the edge of the tub, I began to collect things to help clean his cuts.

"I'm okay, I promise." Luke tries to get me to talk to him. "I'm mad at you." I deadpanned. "I understand. I was just trying to protect you, love." Luke replies as I ran some water on a wash cloth. "Reggie promised me he wouldn't let it get out of hand." I sighed as I turned back to him. Placing my leg in between his legs, I basically straddled his leg to clean him up. Luke's hands instinctively rests on my waist.

Gently raising the cloth, I dabbed at his cuts to avoid hurting him. "Reggie doesn't control me, but okay." Luke sighs as he looks up at me.

"Well, he's my best friend and he promised me. We have a rule that if one of us breaks a promise we have to buy the other ice cream. We made it up in junior high." I slightly smiled as I recalled the memory. Luke winced as I pushed a little too hard. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I relaxed my grasp. "It's okay. It didn't hurt too bad."

"But you winced?" I replied, stopping my actions to look into his eyes. "I'm okay, I can deal with it." Luke assures me. Nodding, I pressed my lips against his brown hair and gently began cleaning his wounds again.

After about a half our more of Luke's whining when I escaped his grasp, I finally got him cleaned up. His knuckles were just red now, thank god. Luke pulls me into him from the edge of the tub, resting his head on my chest. "You okay?" I softly asked, raising my hand to his hair, gently twirling it between my fingers. Whenever Luke was upset, I played with his hair and it seemed to calm him down.

"I wish I noticed it sooner." Luke confesses. "No, it's okay. I should have told you sooner. It's not your fault." I used my other hand to rub his back. "I could have done something before he even touched you." Luke let out a shaky breath. "It's alright, I promise." I assured him. As we spoke, I heard the phone ring.