Step 3: His Happiness is Your Happiness

Small Bob yawns, he swishes his tail side to side and looks around the large field he was currently sat in. The sugar-y smelling woman held him on her lap, a long string thing like what Mrs O'Leary (the dog) has to wear. She sat beside the salt-y smelling man who held Mrs O'Leary on a bigger string thing.

‘Why are we here?’ Small Bob demands, he shifts in an annoyed way around in the sugar woman's lap.

‘How should I know? Maybe Percy is here?’ Mrs O’Leary replies with a small noise of satisfaction when the salt woman starts scratching her ear.

‘Humans are so weird, what is the point of this! It's hot, I want to go home!’ Small Bob continues, and ‘sleep!’

‘Just because you only leave the house at night Bob, doesn't mean we all do.’ Mrs O'Leary replies, Small Bob sighs.

Mrs O'Leary is around fifty in proper years. She was the only dog that Small Bob liked, she's weary and old yes, but also very wise and good to talk to when the humans were being boring. And she is also rather comfortable to sleep on so that's always a bonus.

‘Night is hunting hour.’ Small Bob tells her, Mrs O'Leary lets out a bark of laughter, which to everyone else, just sounds like a normal bark.

‘You don't need to hunt, humans have loads of food. Not that they're the best at sharing but still.’ Mrs O'Leary lies down and looks up at him with her big brown eyes, ‘you are a very odd cat Bob.’

Small Bob was about to reply when his human, the blonde girl, the brown girl and the annoying blond boy ran over wearing long red dresses and funny square hats.

‘What are the humans doing now?’ Small Bob demands.

‘Now I know why we’re here! It's a human tradition, just accept it and move on.’ Mrs O'Leary replies clearly not going to explain the tradition, Small Bob gave a small nod as the sugar woman stood and places him on the ground beside Mrs O'Leary. She attached their strings together and walks over to hug Percy.

‘What are the brown and blonde girls called?’ Small Bob asks Mrs O'Leary, she pants a little before answering. That's another thing about dogs that irks Small Bob, they pant.

‘The blonde is Annabeth and the brown is Piper’. Mrs O'Leary replies, she's always been good with human names.

Annabeth comes over and gives Mrs O'Leary and Small Bob a kiss on the head and a nice scratch, so does Piper. Small Bob likes these humans, they're nice to his human and they're good at scratching.

"Hey buddy, are you proud of me?" Percy finally comes over and bundles Small Bob into his arms, Small Bob gives him a lick on the chin and nuzzles into him.

"We all are!" Annabeth laughs, "I mean you actually did it!"

"You graduated!" Piper cheers giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek, Percy laughs and gives her and Annabeth one back.

Small Bob glares at the blond boy when he kisses his human on the lips but he lets it slide without yowling or hacking up a fur ball for the sake of it.

His human was happy, therefore Small Bob is happy.

I have decided that I'm going to put Blackjack in this too! PJO animals are so awesome! They need their own series!

Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx