Step 5: Mourn With Him

I can see you all panicking at the title, calm down, it's not as bad you think......or is it? o.O

Step 5: Mourn With Him

Percy lies under the mountain of blankets on his bed, silent tears running down his cheeks. Small Bob lies beside him, feeling the gentle pat of each tear fall onto his head.

Poor human. Small Bob whimpers, he didn't understand why his human was so sad! He was all floppy and upset all the time, he ate a lot of food or he ate none, he cries a lot, both heart wrenching sobs and silent tears.

I don't understand. Small Bob cries to himself, nudging Percy but he's ignored. Small Bob wishes Mrs O'Leary was here but she was with the sugar and salt humans, he wishes Annabeth and Piper were here to make his human feel better or even the cats damn blond boy. Anything! Anything to make his human feel better!

A quiet knock of the door broke the silence, Percy glances up a little but then curls back up in his ball of misery around Small Bob. Small Bob himself meows softly and slips out Percy's arms and pads over to the door. He sits down in front of it and cocks his head to the side in confusion as the knocking continues.

"Percy?" A slightly familiar voice whispers, his human doesn't hear but Small Bob does. Finally the door is pushed open to revel a blonde and brown girl.

Small Bob literally jumps up with joy, Annabeth and Piper! They'll make Percy happy! They always do! Small Bob meows and jumps onto the bed, squirming back into Percy's arms.

"Oh Percy." Annabeth whispers dumping the two large bags that she carries and rushing over to his side.

"Annabeth?" Percy whimpers quietly, Annabeth gets into the bed with him and pulls his head onto her lap. Piper appears beside Annabeth and sits down on the bed as well.

"Hey, it's okay hon." Piper cooed gently pushing his hair out of his eyes and wiping his tears away.

Small Bob wants to yowl at them, they are not making him happy! What is going on? This isn't right! Small Bob shifts in Percy's arms and licks his chin to try and get a reaction out of him.

"He doesn't deserve your tears." Annabeth whispers stroking his head and ignoring the group damp spot on her jeans.

Who doesn't? Small Bob wants to scream, is it the blonde boy? Because I swear of all of cats, I will do far worse than pee on him!

"I love him Annabeth, I really do and it just hurts so much." Percy croaks miserably Small Bob whimpers and nudging him again.

"Small Bob doesn't want you to be like this," Piper says kindly, "look at your poor cat, are you even feeding him?"

"Not helping." Annabeth hissed slapping her hand and shooting her girlfriend a glare.

"Why are you even here? You're supposed to be two states away." Percy asks quietly.

"You need us so we came." Annabeth says firmly. Percy struggles to sit up so he can tightly hug Annabeth and Piper.

"I love you guys." Percy says through his slowly tears, Annabeth and Piper smile sadly and hug him tighter.

"We love you too." Piper replies, Small Bob stretches up so that he can place his paws on Percy's face. Percy smiles at him and leans forward to give him a gentle kiss on the nose which makes Small Bob twitch it in confusion.

"I love you Small Bob." Percy says.

I love you too human. Small Bob meows and hopes he gets the message.

A knock at the door breaks up the small lovey dovey scene, Annabeth, Piper and Small Bob turn to glare at it but Percy lets out a small chuckle.

"I'll get it." Percy says standing up and stretching, he moves towards the door while rubbing the year tracks away with little success.

Small Bob trots over with him so he can see who's there. Outside is a tall man with mattered un-brushed hair and tear stain cheeks.

The blond boy.

Oh Siamese, what does he want? Small Bob whines, and for once, he and his human were on the same page.

"What do you want?" Percy deadpans, the blond boy looks at him hopelessly.

"Please, if you-" Blond boy starts but it cut off.

"Who is it?" Piper questions, walking over, "is it pizza, I'm starving!" When she sees who it is, her expression falls slack.

"Jason." Piper snarls.

Something crashes behind them, Piper whirls around just in time to catch a furious Annabeth.

"You little shit! You monster! Let me hurt him!" Annabeth shouts struggling desperately against Piper's hold.

What the actual cats? Small Bob wonders looking from Annabeth to the blond boy and back again.

"You dirty cheating scum, you don't even deserve to look at Percy anymore!" Annabeth yells at him, clawing at Piper's arm around her chest.

"It wasn't what it looked like, I swear-"

"Bullshit Grace! Bullshit." Percy finally cuts in, "you had your tongue halfway down his throat and were ready to fuck him too."

"Percy." Blond boy pleads.

"Go away Jason." Percy snaps and slams the door shut in his face.

Sorry for the wait, I’ve been away camping!

Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx